Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've found that whenever I'm at the end of my rope, a week or two later I'll drop a pound or two and things will be back on track. As long as you're going in the right direction, just keep up what you're doing. You just ran a 15k, you're awesome!!

Comment

• I've got to get back on track with my eating. I've crept up to 5 lbs over my goal weight this past month (vacation, 4th of July festivities, my birthday, random kid activities with pizza and/or popcorn). It's crazy how slow it is to lose and how fast it comes back. Also needing to go back to tracking everything for awhile.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Registered for my half marathon today! Gulp! Three weeks from tomorrow.
        Alison

Comment

• Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I've been doing Orange Theory and watching my diet for two weeks. I'm back on track and have lost 6 pounds.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Haven't run in weeks but found a 12 week plan that starts this week. Oops.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Been doing vinyasa yoga almost every day for like 6 weeks though... 🤗

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                  I've been doing Orange Theory and watching my diet for two weeks. I'm back on track and have lost 6 pounds.
                  Go you!

I got past my plateau and I'm close to the 30 lb/halfway mark! I haven't weighed this since I had my boys. Well, except for a few weeks of morning sickness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Way to go, M! That's amazing!
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• [MENTION=4468]rufflesanddots[/MENTION] amazing on the yoga! Do you go to a class or do one at home? [MENTION=1889]SoonerTexan[/MENTION] incredible! Way to go!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                      Grace

Comment

• Awesome job, you guys!!
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• I'm within 2-3 lbs of my goal weight so I'm fine but I cannot seem to get my fitness back. I feel like I'm dragging dead legs around all the time.

Yesterday I ran by myself (almost never happens) and I still felt pretty sluggish. It might be the heat (I didn't go until almost 9) but if I don't see improvement in a few weeks, I'm going to see a Neuro to see if my legs are experiencing any residual paralysis.
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Not only have I not lost any weight, I've gained a little bit. I know that losing weight should be the last thing on my mind right now, and normally I wouldn't care at all - I know life will get easier once C is doing better. Except I don't want to look chubby in my sister's wedding pictures forever. It's too late at this point, since I'm not going to magically lose it all in the next month.
                            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Definitely worth talking to someone if that's the concern you have, T&S!

But…I do know something of a "dead legs" feeling. I wonder, what are you doing for workouts, and how often? Last year, I think I did too much, too fast, and I really burned out by July. Every workout had either a joint pain or a sense of dragging exhaustion attached to it. This year I started ridiculously, humiliatingly slow. But, I didn't burn out. I built up, slowly. And five months later I am fitter and faster than I've ever been in my life, and feeling terrific to boot. So…based on my experience, I feel like although running is often pitched as a mental game -- you just have to push through -- now that I'm in my 30s I'm a fan of babying your body's physiological mechanisms for getting stronger. Don't break yourself down to the point you have nothing left to build on, you know? Mentally or physically.
                              Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                                Not only have I not lost any weight, I've gained a little bit. I know that losing weight should be the last thing on my mind right now, and normally I wouldn't care at all - I know life will get easier once C is doing better. Except I don't want to look chubby in my sister's wedding pictures forever. It's too late at this point, since I'm not going to magically lose it all in the next month.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X