Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My leg is feeling soooo much better now. So glad I rested yesterday. My first race (obstacle course/mud run) is a week from tomorrow. I just need to hobble along through training until then. Of course, I already have a 5k planned for a couple weeks after that and a zombie run 5 or 10k next month. I think I may be addicted...
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Got the hubby out for run last night! His limited free time and exhaustion have meant he hasn't worked out much. Luckily the walking at the hospital and his walking commute help. He's been so stressed lately though, and running is such a good outlet! Hoping to be a good influence to get him out a couple times a week!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      Grace

Comment

[MENTION=1924]OrionGrad[/MENTION], you are tearing it up on the Fitbit steps, you must be getting out walking (and more?) daily!

Yesterday was another full-day workshop that had me sitting from 9 to 4, but I dashed out for a 40 minute walk after I got home. Today we went for a family hike, then I took the kids to the library on foot, and did a lot of chores that took me up and down the stairs. So I'm catching back up on Fitbit steps, though I'm quite overdue for a more intense workout!
        Alison

Comment

[MENTION=985]spotty_dog[/MENTION], I've really been trying! I've been going to the gym in the morning (when I can) and we've all been going on an after dinner walk each night. DH has started using Fitbit, too, so competing against him is keeping me motivated.

Comment

I'm starting an iMSN challenge on Fitbit this week! If I know your name on Fitbit, I'll add you right now. If anyone else wants in, PM me and I'll add you, too! (And if I've added you and you don't want to join, you can just remove yourself from the challenge.)

Comment

I'm doing well with the fitness thing now - but as expected, my no sugar diet is taking a hit. Apparently, I can only sustain one healthy lifestyle thing at a time.

I'm not scarfing cookies, but I did put honey in my tea this morning - and added an apple to my couscous salad yesterday. I figure I need to start adding in some "healthy" sugars again, but I fear the slippery slope. I could literally live on candy and carbs. Yum. Trying to change my instincts by avoiding sweetness is a long term goal.

As for fitness, I have completed two weeks now of a 2x/week HIIT cardio/abs 45 minute workout online and 3x power yoga. I'm adding in walking/cycling/running 2x a week as well this week. Hopefully that should be enough to rev my middle aged metabolism.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

10 minutes of ellipticals and 20 minutes of weights. We went to a tasting dinner last night, so I really need to keep my calories in check over the next few days.
                Laurie

Comment

I found my fitbit! I will be active on the group soon. Barre is great for toning, but I need to move more throughout the day to drop some vanity LBs.

Comment

In need of everyone's advice - how do you get your significant other to workout with you? He's busy and exhausted/overworked but I'd really like to do things together and have him taking some time for himself to use working out as a stress reliever and health improvement. Suggestions???

Grace

Comment

• What about starting with a walk together after dinner each night?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                        In need of everyone's advice - how do you get your significant other to workout with you? He's busy and exhausted/overworked but I'd really like to do things together and have him taking some time for himself to use working out as a stress reliever and health improvement. Suggestions???
                        We work out at different times, but what's helped us both get motivated was signing up for a 10k obstacle course race together. We've been following the Couch to 5k and then the 5k to Half Marathon (but we have only finished up to 6 miles of that one) training guides. Knowing that we're both on the same training schedule has helped a lot, as well as knowing that we'll be working as a team in the race, so we don't want to hold each other back by not training.
                        Laurie

Comment

• On the plus side, I walked a bunch when we went shopping today. On the bad side, I had a Sonic shake for dinner. Hopefully the rest of the week will go better.
                          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                            We work out at different times, but what's helped us both get motivated was signing up for a 10k obstacle course race together. We've been following the Couch to 5k and then the 5k to Half Marathon (but we have only finished up to 6 miles of that one) training guides. Knowing that we're both on the same training schedule has helped a lot, as well as knowing that we'll be working as a team in the race, so we don't want to hold each other back by not training.
                            That's a really cool approach! When is the race?
                            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Thank you [MENTION=1924]OrionGrad[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION]!!! We used to run together but residency taking over his life and being in his feet all day (pgy4 general surgery) has pulled him out of the habit for a few years now. I've tried to suggest races but.... Well, you've seen my scheduling rant post. I'm hoping I can get him to start doing just one run a week at least!

Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                                That's a really cool approach! When is the race?
                                This Saturday!! We're running it with his brother and my sister. We're all pretty excited!
                                Laurie

Comment

Working...
                                X