Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
    @ladymoreta, how's the knee? I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
    Thank you!! It's... okay. The knee pain actually went away, and lately it's been shin splints. I think once I get moving, it'll be fine. I'll take it easy after tomorrow.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Congrats on your progress [MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION]!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Thank you, [MENTION=810]Michele[/MENTION]!!
        Laurie

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          This Saturday!! We're running it with his brother and my sister. We're all pretty excited!
          Good luck today!!
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
            Thank you!! It's... okay. The knee pain actually went away, and lately it's been shin splints. I think once I get moving, it'll be fine. I'll take it easy after tomorrow.
            Sounds like a plan. YAY GO YOU WHOO!
            Alison

Comment

• Good luck [MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION]!

Comment

• We did it!! Should have done less training on running and more on upper body. There were a several obstacles I just didn't have the upper body strength to do. But we had a fantastic time!!

(My SIL, the one who's pregnant, didn't run with us, but she walked around to several obstacles and took pictures. )
                Laurie

Comment

• you look awesome, LM!!

I think I've decided to go paleo and most likely continue counting calories. Husband and I negotiated. He thinks I need to start running a few times a week to lose weight so I told him I will if he starts lifting weights again. (he weighs 129 after a burger and all of his clothes on)

Comment

• Looks like you had fun!
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oi. So, Sunday I went for a long run in the morning, and in the afternoon DH wanted to take a family hike. By the end of the evening I was close enough to 25k steps for the first time ever, that I just paced around the house until I got there!

Monday DH and I were both going to take the day off from working out...so we went for a 5 mile hike. >.< And then during soccer practice DD and I went for a teeny hike and I paced around with my knitting while she played. I went over 20k steps again!

Well, I have a neuroma thing on my foot that often feels sore or even painful the morning after I am on my feet a lot. It usually stretches out and gets better within a few steps...well, today it's only getting worse through the day. I'm not going to run today, I was going to walk instead but I don't even know about that.

Tomorrow is a new day for my foot, I hope!
                      Alison

Comment

• I don't want to jinx myself but I've been doing really well with eating!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                          I don't want to jinx myself but I've been doing really well with eating!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                          (Reading this in the middle of a snack binge...oops. )
                          Alison

Comment

• We've been to the local pool twice to swim laps, and I joined the retired people at the "deep water exercise" class as well, today (I love having a light/flexible schedule!). DH and I were almost the only ones in the pool during the 7am lap swim today, and one of the awesome staff members helped me figure out my breathing (I haven't really done any swimming since lessons as a kid), and it helped a LOT. My only issue now is that my right ear seems to retain water, and feels "off" even now, hours after leaving the pool. Not sure what to do about that.
                            Felt really good to get some exercise in.
                            One of our neighbors walks to the deep water exercise class twice a week, and a group goes to a coffee shop and hangs out afterwords, too; looking forward to joining her on Thursday!
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Look at you all go!

I'm gaining faster than I want to. ....but I had 2 plates (45-lb each) on either side of the leg press today and knocked out 4 sets of 10 reps! And hit some PRs on the leg curl and glute machine.
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Hope your foot feels better soon, Alison! I hate when I know I need to take a break to heal, but I don't want to mess up a good pattern. Hugs.

Well, I'm bruised all over from my shoulders down to my ankles! I have some pretty impressive ones under my arms, and I'm pretty sure I bruised a rib. It was so worth it, though! Can't wait to do another one!

I took Sunday and yesterday off, and I just did 35 minutes of ellipticals today. I'll probably stick with that for the rest of the week and try to get back to running and lifting weights again next week.

Laurie

Comment

Working...
                                X