Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

frosting shortening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frosting shortening

FYI - there is such a thing as frosting shortening (as opposed to Crisco), and it makes a HUGE difference in the flavor of the frosting. HUGE.

I just learned about it (I'm sure Nellie knows), but I thought I'd share the info.

BTW - the cake I've been working on all week is done ... but I make no claim as to how the side of it looks right now. It's huge (2 layers, 12x18"), and as I was trying to get the finished cake in the box solo (dh is out of town) it started to slide . It's in the MF'ing box, and I'm done with it. I'm SO mad!

What's it for? Pictures! Pictures!
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

It's for my neighbor's surprise 30th birthday party. Nellie talked me into doing 2 layers of the 12 x 18 pan I bought, so according to the lady at the decorating supply store, I have 108 servings. It weighs a ton, which is why I had trouble putting it in the box, and why I'm so irritated w/it now.

It's not my best work.

It should taste good, though. It's chocolate cake w/raspberry filling. And a lot of it (cake, that is).

Comment

HEY NOW! Don't be blaming me.

I didn't know there was such thing as frosting shortening. (I typed frostening shortening ).

It looks great -- and nice and tall and generous. I'm sure that all 104 people will love it. Tell them no one goes home until it's gone.

Comment

Wow! She will be thrilled. I love the decorations wrapping from the sides up to the top.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Wow, what a gorgeous cake! You have some impressive skills!!

(BTW, I read the title of this thread as "frostbite shortening". )
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Impressive! Chocolate with raspberry filling.......yummmmmm!! My birthday is right around the corner (wink, wink).

Comment

the party went off as a total surprise to the honoree, and I got lots of compliments on the cake (both appearance and flavor). Something about the lighting in their house made it look better than in the pictures. Or perhaps w/40 people around I wasn't scrutinizing it the way I had been ...

Comment

Working...
                X