Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Brett Favre's High-Scoring Chili

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brett Favre's High-Scoring Chili

The chili sounds great - pretty similar to what I make but with cream of mushroom soup? Interesting! It's about that time, too! Yay!

Now... chili with cinnamon rolls? EWW! Sorry yall.

Comment

Don't knock it until you've tried it. I swear it's the next peanut butter & jelly.

You'll thank me later.

Comment

I have this in the crockpot now and it smells delicious.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yummy...Brett Farve....

Er what were we talkign about? I'm in the Chili mecca and I'm :huh: about it. But back to Brett...

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm making this again today with ground turkey. This has been one of the best chili recipes I have used. It freezes well too. I'm working on stocking the freezer with meals for Amy & Geno. Only three more days.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Re: Re:

Originally posted by Jane
              Originally posted by Entropy
              Not together together, just...together...
              Chili and Cinnamon Roll Friday was the hottest menu item in elementary school. No one else experienced this phenomenon?! You're missing out.

Does this thing have a spell checker? Phenominon, fenomanon...

Jodi -

Tomorrow's school lunch menu: chili / crackers (random other stuff) cinnamon rolls!!!

I immediately thought of you when I read it.
              I just saw this thread and was thinking "hey we always had cinnamon rolls on chili days in school!"

And I am a native Kansan.
              Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
              Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

The thought of celery and cream of mushroom in my chili makes me feel a bit queasy. Is this more of a stew of some sort? Where's the cumin????
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
                  The thought of celery and cream of mushroom in my chili makes me feel a bit queasy. Is this more of a stew of some sort? Where's the cumin????
                  There's going to be cumin in both the chili seasoning packet and the chili powder. I say this with nothing but affection for my roots, but this has midwestern potluck written all over it. Which isn't to say it isn't delicious, but it's probably best when you don't think too hard about it.
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
                    There's going to be cumin in both the chili seasoning packet and the chili powder. I say this with nothing but affection for my roots, but this has midwestern potluck written all over it. Which isn't to say it isn't delicious, but it's probably best when you don't think too hard about it.
                    Just about anything with cream of mushroom soup in a can screams pot luck. It also means that my parents will think it is delish. *shudder*
                    Kris

Comment

Working...
                    X