Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Snickers Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snickers Pie

I mentioned this in the birthday cake thread. My MIL shared the recipe with me. Warning - this pie is pure evil! igout:

Snickers Pie

2 cups Oreos (about 20 cookies) crushed
    ½ cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
    ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
    6 (2.07 oz) Snickers bars
    1½ quarts vanilla ice cream, slightly melted
    1 (11.75 oz) jar hot fudge sauce, divided
    1 (12 oz) jar hot caramel sauce, divided

1. Combine first 3 ingredients; press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
    2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; set aside to cool completely.
    3. Chop candy bars into small pieces, and reserve 2 tablespoons. Fold remaining candy into ice cream, and spread evenly into crust.
    4. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons fudge sauce and 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with reserved candy.
    5. Freeze until firm. Cover and return to freezer.
    6. Remove pie from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Serve pie with remaining fudge and caramel sauce.

Yield: 8 servings

Note: Use a squeeze bottle to drizzle the hot fudge and caramel toppings on this pie. The tip of a teaspoon or a zip-top bag with a corner snipped off will also work.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Re: Snickers Pie

OMG!!! That sounds delightful and deadly....I don't even think I am allowed to read this recipe per order of my doctor Once the baby is here, I might have to try it!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I'm not a Snickers or caramel fan, but it seems like this could easily be adapted for any candy bar....and maybe even some cookie dough pieces.....mmm...

It's been dangerous since I started liking ice cream!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Yummy! I'll try it out this weekend. Thanks for posting the receipe!
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

The only saving grace is that I am not a huge fan of frozen desserts.
          Kris

Comment

That sounds really good!!!!

I make a chocolate peanut butter pie. I mix equal parts softened chcoclate ice cream and peanut butter, pour into a graham cracker crust and refreeze!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
            X