Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Election Night menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Night menu

So, what do you think?

I could go with the "Red" "Blue" "purple" theme but that's kind of cheesy- then I was thinking of "Americana"- hotdogs and apple pie kind of thing or I was thinking of regions- Northeast, Southeast, etc.

I'm giving all of the kids blank maps of the US that they can color in whatever colors they'd like but I'm also doing one big one for color for the grown-ups. I'm also pulling the spreads from Cilliza's site on the WashPost website for side bets.

We're having probably 20 or so people- at least 10 kids and of course, being my neighborhood, half are vegetarians. We also are going to need lots of beer and wine.

So- what do you guys think for food?

Jenn

Re: Election Night menu

I like regions or states. Like if you know one state is going to swing one way, you could name the food Mississippi Far Right Wings with Red Hot Sauce and Michigan Blue cheese dip.
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
      I like regions or states. Like if you know one state is going to swing one way, you could name the food Mississippi Far Right Wings with Red Hot Sauce and Michigan Blue cheese dip.
      Fun idea!

Comment

No ideas...I just think it is fun that you are having an election night party!

Comment

I have to take a dish to an election night gathering. I really hope the polls are accurate, but the pessimist in me can't decide if I should bring a celebratory dish, or something to soothe my emotional eating needs.

Comment

I like this idea - that would be fun!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
              hotdogs and apple pie
              hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet...now stuck in my head

I love the map idea. I'm printing some for my older two kids to color in red/blue as the night goes on and election results come in.

Comment

Elephant or donkey shaped cookies?

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                  Elephant or donkey shaped cookies?
                  Great idea!

Love it! You guys are too creative!!!
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm so jealous you're going to have such a fun (and food-filled) evening. I already know I am going to be stuck late at my office...with two kids...and DH on-call at the hospital...

and I don't have cable TV in my office!! Grrr! I'm going to have to listen to the developments on satellite radio. IF I can leave the radio on and not wake up DD...and if I'll be able to get my work done with all the commotion.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                      Whatever you decide, I hope you have a shout-out for Tim Russert in there somewhere. Much love for the Russ!!!!!
                      Man, election night is just not going to be the same...

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                        I have to take a dish to an election night gathering. I really hope the polls are accurate, but the pessimist in me can't decide if I should bring a celebratory dish, or something to soothe my emotional eating needs.
                        The only way McCain can win is if he takes PA. Even though most of the pundits think that the race is a lot closer than the polls indicate in PA, no one outside the campaign seems to think he'll actually take PA. I think you're pretty safe to bring a celebratory dish...

My parents--who live in Pittsburgh--are making voting a freaking MISSION this year, though--they aren't letting McCain lose without a fight. Good grief: they've arranged a dog sitter for the day, so they don't have to worry about their new puppy's bladder bursting while they are in long lines. I have to say: I admire the devotion--both to the dog and the ticket...

The only mainstream, non-campaign-representative talking head I've heard who thinks that McCain will eek out a win is Fred Barnes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                          The only mainstream, non-campaign-representative talking head I've heard who thinks that McCain will eek out a win is Fred Barnes.
                          Well, he sure isn't a person that EITHER campaign wants speaking for them. I'm sure the McCain staffers cringe at the thought.

I'm very much a "don't count your chickens" kind of girl - I believe way too much in my ability to jinx things (yes, of course I am that powerful).

Jenn - I love your party plan & I wish I could be there. I love Heidi's idea of having a map for the kids to color in (if they're going to stay up too late, we might as well make it educational).

Comment

I love Heidi's idea of having a map for the kids to color in (if they're going to stay up too late, we might as well make it educational).
                            I would take ALL the credit for this idea , but I got it from DCJenn.

I'm very much a "don't count your chickens" kind of girl - I believe way too much in my ability to jinx things (yes, of course I am that powerful).
                            Ditto!! I have never voted for a winning president, and this weighed on my mind as I cast my vote for Obama. Maybe I shouldn't have outed myself in case things go haywire tomorrow...I couldn't take the blame/guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach

Ditto!! I have never voted for a winning president, and this weighed on my mind as I cast my vote for Obama. Maybe I shouldn't have outed myself in case things go haywire tomorrow...I couldn't take the blame/guilt.
                              This is the first time my Presidential ticket vote actually matters. Before this, I had always cast my Presidential ticket ballot in Texas, which is always RED by large margins, so it never really mattered...

This time, I'm in a hotly contested swing state! Whoo hoo! Feel the INFLUENCE!

Comment

Working...
                              X