Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cake balls - worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have tasted the oreo truffles and they are amazing! Mmmm!
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by AmberW View Post
      Cheri were they THAT bad to try to make? I am excited to eat them but I am not so sure about the preparing part!
      I don't think any cake balls are hard to make but I only make the balls - I don't try to make mine into things. My sister and I made eggs for Easter but they're really just oval balls, so they weren't hard.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
        I don't think any cake balls are hard to make but I only make the balls - I don't try to make mine into things. My sister and I made eggs for Easter but they're really just oval balls, so they weren't hard.
        Thanks! I am giving them a go today for dessert. My butt doesn't need them, but hey - I am having my parents over for dinner so I HAVE to make dessert right?! I'll let you all know how they go!

Comment

Making them to serve the same day can be tricky - they HAVE to set-up (i.e. freeze) before you dip them or they will fall apart - just beware of that. I always make mine the day before I need them and dip them the day I need them.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's not for anything fancy shmancy... I am just making them to eat? Does that make me an oinker lol...

I am going to make them after lunch... if they aren't ready until tomorrow that is fine too!

Comment

I made the truffles and they turned out GREAT! I should take a picture and show.
              I actually froze the balls before I dipped them, this made the dipping chocolate set nice and quick too.

Kept them refrigerated until I served them! YUMMO!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                Pie pops? *la la la*
                Oh, they're VERY cute. And who doesn't love pie?!

She's also got these adorable little apple cake pops - same as the cupcake pops but shaped into apples. I could die from the cuteness.

Comment

Working...
                X