Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cooking Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Club

A year (or two?) ago Heidi started a cooking club choosing recipes out of the French Laundry cookbook. Is anyone interested in doing that again? Heidi? Luanne? Anybody? We could either keep with the French Laundry book or open it up to a broader source of recipes.

If there is more interest in French Laundry, I can type out and email a recipe to someone who doesn't have the book.

For a non-French Laundry choice, I'll put French Onion Soup out as an option. I think that is a good match for fall weather. Of course, open to other suggestions. If we go this route, let's pick from an on-line recipe source so the recipe is easily available.

Sounds like a ton o' fun!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

What exactly is a cooking club?
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

And there's always the macrina baking book...croissants?

I'd be up for anything. Mine will look more like cheeseburger meets French Laundry. Disaster and crying children pictures included for everyone's yucks.
        -Ladybug

Comment

I'm in!!!!! I still have the book, but I'm open to anything. That was alot of fun. Cooking is one of the few things that I find relaxing (when doing it for fun).
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            What exactly is a cooking club?
            We pick a recipe, in the past it has been out of the French Laundry Cookbook, and those who want to cook it and take pictures (optional). Then we post a review with our pictures and experiences making the recipe. It's about trying new things and fun.

Of course, I am in. So, everyone who wants to, pitch in with some ideas for an October dish. Nellie wants to do french onion soup, and that is fine with me.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm good with french onion soup, and I also LOVE Ladybug's idea of using the Macrina book (since I've tasted their deliciousness). French Laundry is a bit too evolved for me. I like my food homey -- but baked goods I'm ALWAYS up for.

Comment

Sounds like fun. Being a good cook is something I aspire for. Maybe this will help!

Comment

I'd love to participate! I really enjoy cooking, but recently I've been in a bit of a rut. I desperately need to broaden my repertoire.

Comment

Perhaps, instead of one dish, we should make a menu of 3 or 4 things?

French Onion Soup
                    Entree
                    Dessert

Unless that is too much?? You don't have to make them all at once. Just a thought.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm in, too. I've been on a "eat at home" budget campaign and I'm running out of recipes. My kids can just suck it up and try something new one night.

I'm with Jenn, though. I think French Laundry is a bit more evolved than my family palate...and I am also down with the baked goods.

French Onion Soup?
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'd love to join! I don't have the book, so I will need a copy of the recipe.
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm in too, but as has been mentioned, French Laundry might be a bit too much for the 13 yo boy I am now living with (the kid doesn't like cheese - unless on pizza - or rice). French Onion Soup sounds fab, perfect for the snow we are having now.
                          Kris

Comment

Oooh sounds fun!! I'm allergic to a random assortment of foods, but I'll participate when I can. I'd particularly like to see photos of what everyone makes. One of my biggest pet peeves is recipe books without pictures -- I have to see what my food is supposed to look like!
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I would love to join, but will only be able to when the recipes are kosher style. (IE: no pork, dairy and meat in the same recipe, or shell fish) So I will jump in when I can, enjoy the pictures when I can't. Just let me know what book to get, or the recipe and It would be so much fun!
                              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X