Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joe's Raves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad the closet Trader Joe's is nearly 500 miles away. I am headed to Greenville over Memorial Day Weekend. On my way back, I am so making a stop at the store in Atlanta.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

The things we do for TJ! I guess it would be a little extreme to put little stars next to residency locations that have a Trader Joe's (and IKEA!!!) nearby, huh?
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

Cristina -

We can actually order TJ's and pick it up downtown. Let me know if you want the link. The rumor is that one is opening on the MO side next year.

Comment

Our TJs opened in the past year, and last month they started selling wine!!!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I love the salsa they sell. I am hoping they will be wherever we land for residency.....
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

We're getting a trader joes! Yay!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Any idea when it will be opening?
                Kris

Comment

Are you kidding? That makes me want to move back to Rochester. DH's brother works for Whole Foods in a corporate position, and we tried to convince him for the entire three years we were there that their store would do really well there. They couldn't understand that there are way more visitors annually who actually use a grocery store than people living there. So excited for you (and jealous)!
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Trader Joe's Raves

Deb it's going in the old Cost Plus and should be open by the end of the year! Just in time for us to leave.

Comment

Cost Plus is gone there already? It just opened when we were there. I mentioned it to DH, and his response was something like, "how could they get one in Rochester when we don't have one here?" Funny that when we were there, he was always like, "why wouldn't they have one in Roch?" It's all about perspective, I guess. And, while it's coming when you move, I assume that you'll have a Costco near your new location, which still beats out TJs, IMO (overall - no one hit me for saying this).
                      -Deb

Comment

Cost Plus closed all of their Minnesota stores probably about a year ago. It was supposed to be a Chuck E Cheese but now its going to be a TJ's!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                          And, while it's coming when you move, I assume that you'll have a Costco near your new location, which still beats out TJs, IMO (overall - no one hit me for saying this).
                          She'll have both, plus Cost Plus and other cool stuff, besides. I don't think you can even compare Costco and TJs; they're so completely different.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                            and other cool stuff, besides.
                            Like WinCo!
                            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Not comparing TJs to Costco, really, just saying if I had to chose (keep in mind, I have three kids), I'd go for a Costco here - we have neither.

But, I do load up at TJs when we're in Chicagoland (as well as Costco). My latest find - champagne pear vinaigrette. It's incredible. Have only had it on salad so far, but the guy who works there said it's great on Salmon - that will be my next dish.
                              -Deb

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                                Like WinCo!
                                You do not even know how much I miss that store. Our house there is less than 2 miles from one, and we could get tillamook yogurt for $.38/tub. You'd be lucky to find bad yogurt for twice that, here.
                                Sandy
                                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                                X