Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joe's Raves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love TJs, but I've never been a fan of their produce. Ick! Is this the case for you all, too? I was ok with it when we lived in Chicago, but you can find far better produce at other shops in CA.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I'm really into the bulk candy at WinCo. I was just in Reno, and I brought back a huge bag of sour gummy worms.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
        I'm really into the bulk candy at WinCo. I was just in Reno, and I brought back a huge bag of sour gummy worms.
        I've been stocking up on sour gummy worms from Sprouts (I freeze them)... but I really miss WinCo prices!!
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
          Love TJs, but I've never been a fan of their produce. Ick! Is this the case for you all, too? I was ok with it when we lived in Chicago, but you can find far better produce at other shops in CA.
          I never buy the produce at TJ's either, I don't think I ever have unless its something like mangos that I couldn't get at the regular store.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
            Completely agree. When we lived in the Bay Area (CA) we had a Safeway and a TJs side by side, we'd always go to both stores, mostly to avoid the produce at TJs. Maybe it is a CA thing. Occasionally the fruit was okay, but everything at TJs was wrapped in plastic and was off-putting.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
              I've been stocking up on sour gummy worms from Sprouts (I freeze them)... but I really miss WinCo prices!!
              I am intrigued by both of these ideas... Sprouts, and freezing sour gummy worms.
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I found another new fave at TJ's - Pomegrante Blueberry Sorbet. So good!

Comment

I don't think the produce here is that different from what you get at Safeways or wherever. But I definitely am disappointed by produce in general out here... Growing up in an agricultural area with fresh produce spoils you...
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                    I don't think the produce here is that different from what you get at Safeways or wherever. But I definitely am disappointed by produce in general out here... Growing up in an agricultural area with fresh produce spoils you...
                    It's going to be hard to leave CA for this very reason, Peggy. Lettuce here taste like L-E-T-T-U-C-E. It's amazing, and it doesn't even need dressing. Same for tomatoes, artichokes, oranges...
                    Are you sure you don't want to move here?
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

sob. I miss fresh produce.

And guess what Alison, chances are we will do a tour of duty at stanford after all. for 2 years!
                      Peggy

Comment

alison don't forget the watermellon from Hermiston, OR... And the asparagus, and the corn... Fresh grown corn out here in the east just doesn't taste right... It's not crisp enough...

Sigh...

DH used to bring me a fresh off the tree apple all the time when we were in college. No waxy stuff on it-- just fresh.
                        Peggy

Comment

Peggy-

There are some great farmer's markets but they're either closer to Frederick or in DC. If you need a day trip sometime over the summer, go to the Eastern Market in DC. Saturdays and Sundays all of the farmers are there from PA and WV.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                            Peggy-

There are some great farmer's markets but they're either closer to Frederick or in DC. If you need a day trip sometime over the summer, go to the Eastern Market in DC. Saturdays and Sundays all of the farmers are there from PA and WV.

Jenn
                            Peggy-
                            If you decide to follow her suggestion, I would love to accompany you (if you would like). I get so overwhelmed at farmer's markets and end up leaving with nothing.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

OURS OPENED TODAY!

peppermint hot chocolate and candy cane jo jo's were the first things I opened - YUM!
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                                OURS OPENED TODAY!

peppermint hot chocolate and candy cane jo jo's were the first things I opened - YUM!
                                *sob* so jealous!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X