Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mahi Mahi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahi Mahi

How do you cook Mahi Mahi Fish? I have never cooked with it and got some frozen at TJ's. It looks good but I'm lost on what to do with it. Any suggestions?
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Ooh I love TJ's Mahi Mahi. We either pan fry it in breadcrumbs Orwell broil it- yum!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

drizzle it with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and squeeze some lime juice over it and GRILL it. mahi mahi or dorado [in mexico] has a nice light flavor on it's own and does not need much seasoning. i LOVE mahi mahi!!

Comment

My new favorite thing to do with fish is to lay it over spinach in a casserole pan, and mix up a packet of either creamy pesto or parma rosa sauce (just combine the mix and milk) and pour it over the top. I cook it on 400 for about 45 minutes (covered).
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Is this the marinated TJ's Mahi Mahi or plain? I was thinking of the marinated one, its yummy!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

never had TJ's mahi mahi, i am sure they are good. i'm referring to just regular mahi steaks.

Comment

DH doesn't eat fish, so I haven't had much recently, but I think the only way I've had Mahi Mahi is grilled like a steak after marinating in teriyaki. It's yummy.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I've cooked it a few times. It very similar to a tuna steak, but a little lighter in texture and flavor. Teriyaki would be good...

Comment

Grilled or blackened are the most common ways I see it served here in Florida. But it's a really mild fish, so you can do pretty much anything with it. I've even had mahi tacos and grilled mahi with scrambled eggs for breakfast.
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have the plain non-marinated mahi mahi. I don't have a grill or grill pan so grilling is out. I saw recipes online for fish tacos with the fish but I'm hesitant because O can't handle a taco at this point & it could be super frustrating. Teriyaki is an option. I love teriyaki. Blackened sounds super yummy too.
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I made the mahi mahi tonight. I marinated it in teriyaki sauce then pan seared w/a bit of oil. It was really good I had a hard time stopping myself from eating it all. It reminded me of the shark my mom used to make growing up. I think she used teriyaki sauce as well. Come to think of it, I've never had a tuna steak. Just canned. I assume it's much different?

Comment

So how would you cook tuna? Should I worry about mercury with a small child? Is it mild?

I'm feeling fishventurish

Comment

Working...
                        X