Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bread Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep - all.
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I'm really trying to make time to make bread or buy from local bakeries. The preservatives in store bread gross me out - that should should go stale or rot and yet it will stick around for WEEKS not going bad. It's not natural. Convenient but not natural....
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Bread machine Challah
        1 1/3 c. water
        4 1/2 cups bread flour
        2 t. salt
        1/2 cup sugar
        2 2/3 T. oil
        3 eggs
        2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Put these ingredients in your bread machine in the order your specific bread machine suggests. Also, adjust the water and flour as necessary to form a solid but silky bread ball. We usually have to add quite a bit more flour so that each strand of the braid holds its shape. After mixing on the dough cycle, divide the dough in half, each half into 3 pieces. Roll each into strands and braid. Cover and let rise for approx. 45 min. Brush tops with beaten egg. (At this point, if the braids have 'melted' together, we sometimes have to use a poultry shears and snip each strand slightly, to separate, so it doesn't melt together when it is bakes.) Bake at 350 for about 30 min. until loaves sound hollow when tapped and are golden brown.
        Yields 2 large loaves. You can freeze one for the following week.

Bread Machine Honey Whole Wheat

1 1/2 cups water
        1/2 cup honey
        4 cups wheat flour (we use 2 c. wholewheat and 2 cups white)
        2 teaspoons salt
        2 Tablespoons non-fat dry milk
        3 Tablespoons butter
        2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

1. Place ingredients in bread pan.
        2. Select wholewheat cycle.

Enjoy!

I also make a parve version of this bread. Instead of non-fat dry milk, I use 2 Tablespoons of mocha mix and remove 2 Tablespoons of the 1 1/2 cups of water. Instead of butter, I use parve margarine

Garlic Herb Pizza Dough

Ingredients:

1 cup + 2 TBSP water
        3 cups bread flour
        1 tsp. salt
        1 TBSP sugar
        2 TBSP olive oil
        2 tsp. yeast
        1/4 tsp. zatar (Italian seasoning if you don't have zatar)
        1/4 tsp. basil
        1/4 tsp. oregano
        1/4 tsp. thyme
        1 tsp. crushed garlic (equivalent of 2 cloves of garlic)
        Directions:

1. Put ingredients in bread machine according to bread machine instructions (wet first, then dry) and press dough cycle
        2. When dough cycle done, press into 14" pizza pan shaping edges of dough to form a ridge. If having trouble getting dough to fit pan, let rest for 10 min. before re-shaping.

Let stand for 20 min. before topping with sauce and toppings.

Spread some crushed garlic on the pizza crust before topping with sauce and cheese.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
        X