Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Drinky Drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinky Drinks

Ok ladies (and gentlemen), I get the sense we have a few stressed-out people around here. Maybe it's the dreary winter, maybe it's something else going on in our lives. But I think it's time we all think about RELAXING. I'm going to share my favorite new drinks. Join in! Alcohol or not. Let's inspire each other to take a moment for ourselves with a relaxing beverage.

My favorite new alcoholic beverage is a St. Germain G&T OR a St. Germain Martini. St. Germain is an elderflower liquer that comes in a very pretty bottle, and is perfect for girls' nights. It's a citrusy and floral, and nice and sweet. Martini = 2 parts gin or vodka, 1 pt St. Germain, and a twist. For a Gin & Tonic, make it the way you usually do (2 pts Tonic to 1 pt Gin, or as DH makes them, half and half!) and add a friendly splash of St. Germain. And a twist/wedge of lemon.

Honestly, I'm usually a wine or tea drinker but a few times a year I really like getting a bottle or two of booze and making cocktails. This weekend I'm planning on dirty vodka martinis, extra olives. Because I'm feeling salty.

Alright, that's me. Anybody else have a recipe for relaxation?
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

My latest obsession (always love them, but am now crazy for them) is a drink called a "Venetian Lemonade" that they serve at a local coffee place. Thank goodness they don't have a drive thru and it's cold, because I can walk there from my house! Fizzy, almond, lemon. Holy moly. I can't seem to find a recipe anywhere. I don't know if they use Sprite and almond syrup or what. Delish.
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm a wine drinker, but I love cosmos. My secret ingredient is a splash of the juice from the maraschino cherries. It's sweet and fruity without being as overpowering as grenadine.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

My favorite cocktail is the French 75. I love champagne cocktails because you get a whole cute little bottle brought to the table. Makes me feel special. . We don't do cocktails at home - just an occasional bottle of wine.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
          My latest obsession (always love them, but am now crazy for them) is a drink called a "Venetian Lemonade" that they serve at a local coffee place. Thank goodness they don't have a drive thru and it's cold, because I can walk there from my house! Fizzy, almond, lemon. Holy moly. I can't seem to find a recipe anywhere. I don't know if they use Sprite and almond syrup or what. Delish.
          Oh wow, that sounds really fabulous. We have a Sodastream and I sometimes make a homemade syrup out of lemon juice, ginger and honey to mix with the fizzy water. We've never bought any syrups other than DH's "Diet Energy" (which he calls "special juice" ala Honey Boo Boo) but I do love a good flavored soda now and then.

Comment

fruit salad.jpg
            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1694[/ATTACH]
              Love.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1694[/ATTACH]

Truth.

I love St. Germaine and Izzy Grapefruit Soda...

Comment

Mojitos all the way. Though we had some nice hurricanes for Mardi Gras. DH and I are just too cheap to drink.

I am anxiously looking forward to the release of Abita Strawberry. It's amazing
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

7 Deadly Zins - Zinfandel

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      7 Deadly Zins - Zinfandel
                      That's one of my all-time favorite wines!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                        That's one of my all-time favorite wines!
                        Me too! LOVE Zinfandel. You just reminded me of how long it's been since I had 7 Deadly Zins... I'll have to pick some up soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                          My favorite cocktail is the French 75. I love champagne cocktails because you get a whole cute little bottle brought to the table. Makes me feel special. . We don't do cocktails at home - just an occasional bottle of wine.
                          DH's coworker makes these! Love them. My fav restaurant in our town is a French bistro and they make one that was so strong it took me all of dinner to finish it. My sister (total lush) took a sip and asked if I planned to walk or crawl out of the restaurant. Ha ha!
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Mojitos - by far and away are my favorite! Good thing I didn't discover them at the included bar on our vacation until day 4 of 6!
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Margarita, on the rocks made with Herradura tequila, Contreau, agave nectar and fresh lime juice. Yum.
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X