Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Quick and Easy meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Making this tonight. Can you help a Dumb girl out with your directions...
    The sesame seeds...they're toasted in the oil for about how long? And is that a 1/4 CUP? Tablespoon, teaspoon?

I can't wait to try it!

ETA: I'm guessing 1/4 cup. But I still have no idea how long to toast the seeds for.

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post

Best chicken salad ever:

Debone a rotisserie chicken, heat 1/2 cup veggie oil and 1/4 sesame seeds til toasted, cool, add 1/3 soy sauce and 3 TB sugar, stir to dissolve, add chicken and one cooked, drained package of penne pasta. Spoon chicken/pasta mixture of salad greens. Side of buttered baguettes. Everyone asks for this recipe. It's Delish and good for leftover servings, lunches, etc.

Tacos for bars are an easy go-to for us.
    Last edited by rainbabies; 11-04-2014, 11:41 AM.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I do that and throw in some Worcester sauce and a few other seasonings, usually use ground Turkey and call it Turkeymac
      Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
      American Goulash

(This has nothing whatsoever to do with goulash, it's just what my mom called it)

1 pound macaroni cooked and drained.
      1 pound of hamburger browned
      1 large can crushed tomatoes.

Mix. Heat. Serve.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/j...-rice.html?m=1

My poor, patient husband lived on this for about 6 weeks when it's the only thing my morning sickness would let me cook. Now he actually requests it, which is funny to me. I guess that means it's good though! We eat it as is, but it would also be good with chicken.
        Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Also, these meatballs are fantastic. I first made them for a friend's toddler, but now I make huge batches and freeze them for when I need something to heat up quickly for DH and I. They're good on spaghetti, by themselves, on a hoagie with marinara and mozzarella, etc. Yum! I wish I could remember where I found the recipe originally so I could give proper credit.

Ingredients:
          • 1 lb ground turkey
          • ¾ cup cooked quinoa
          • ¼ cup finely chopped onion
          • ¼ shredded carrots
          • ¼ shredded zucchini
          • 2 Tbsp ketchup
          • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
          • 1 Tbsp Tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
          • ½ tsp pepper
          • ½ tsp salt
          • ¼ tsp oregano
          • ¼ tsp thyme

Instructions:
          • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
          • Line a large baking sheet with foil and then grease with cooking spray (the foil is important for easy clean up)
          • Mix together all ingredients until while combined
          • Make mixture into evenly sized balls and place on greased baking sheet
          • Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown
          Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

I made this and doubled it. Everyone loved it AND tomorrow when I'm at class, Thomas is heating up the second part.

Kris
            Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
            I made this up a few years back to use up some leftover Velveeta:

Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta

Ingredients:
            • 1lb ground turkey (or beef)
            • 8oz whole wheat penne pasta (or any other pasta)
            • 3/4 cup water
            • 1 packet taco seasoning
            • 1 15oz can corn, drained
            • 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
            • 1 10oz can rotel, drained
            • 4oz velveeta

Directions:
            1. Brown meat.
            2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions.
            3. Once meat is cooked, drain.
            4. Add water and seasoning to meat and stir.
            5. Add corn, beans, and rotel to meat.
            6. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
            7. Add velveeta, stirring until completely melted.
            8. Add drained, cooked pasta.

This recipe makes about 6 servings, give or take a couple depending on how hungry you are. It makes delicious leftovers too!
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'll have to try this one too!
              Originally posted by LadyFoot View Post
              Also, these meatballs are fantastic. I first made them for a friend's toddler, but now I make huge batches and freeze them for when I need something to heat up quickly for DH and I. They're good on spaghetti, by themselves, on a hoagie with marinara and mozzarella, etc. Yum! I wish I could remember where I found the recipe originally so I could give proper credit.

Ingredients:
              • 1 lb ground turkey
              • ¾ cup cooked quinoa
              • ¼ cup finely chopped onion
              • ¼ shredded carrots
              • ¼ shredded zucchini
              • 2 Tbsp ketchup
              • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
              • 1 Tbsp Tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
              • ½ tsp pepper
              • ½ tsp salt
              • ¼ tsp oregano
              • ¼ tsp thyme

Instructions:
              • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
              • Line a large baking sheet with foil and then grease with cooking spray (the foil is important for easy clean up)
              • Mix together all ingredients until while combined
              • Make mixture into evenly sized balls and place on greased baking sheet
              • Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                I made this and doubled it. Everyone loved it AND tomorrow when I'm at class, Thomas is heating up the second part.

Kris
                So glad everybody liked it! I haven't made it in forever - I should make it again soon.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I've never cooked with velveeta before Allison, and it was good. A bonus is that there was a chicken/rice recipe on the velveeta box that I'm trying this week.

Comment

Another fast and healthy meal is to steam veggies onto of rice as it cooks and just combine. You could throw in some leftover meat, soy sauce and a scrambled egg for fried rice. DH will eat anything, but he can easily eat 2-3 cups rice with any meal. I'm a little pickier though.

Comment

Working...
                    X