Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Your Favorite Easy Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy, but not quick to cook.

Roast Chicken

Very generously rub seasoned salt over the entirety of a young hen. Stuff a whole onion in the cavity. Roast on 400 for an hour or until the inside temp is whatever it is supposed to be- 160?

The onion keeps the chicken from drying out, but the outside skin will be crispy and salty and there is lots of juice. Yum.

I put the bones in the crockpot over night and make chicken soup, chicken and rice or chicken and dumplings the next day.
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Shrimp Ravioli toss

bring frozen cheese ravioli to a boil.
      Run a bag of frozen shrimp under the water to heat up.
      place ravioli in microwave safe bowl
      Add paper towel dried shrimp
      spritz with lemon juice, butter, basil...toss and throw in microwave for a minute.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That was yummy, even though I wasn't paying attention and put in...3 cups of corn. Only took 30 minutes here as well. Thanks for posting and reminding me about it, Annie.

Comment

That was yummy, even though I wasn't paying attention and put in...3 cups of corn. Only took 30 minutes here as well. Thanks for posting and reminding me about it, Annie.

The next time I make this, I'll make two and freeze one.

Comment

Quesadillas

Heat a skillet on medium heat. Warm two tortillas (stacked on top of one another) until soft. Place shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, colby, cheddar or a combination) between the layers. Brown the quesadilla on both sides in the skillet and you're done!

Serve with Picante sauce.

For variety you can also add along with the cheese: pico de gayo (easy, easy, easy to prepare as well), grilled chicken, grilled onions, simple diced tomatoes, grilled peppers, etc.

They're glorified grilled cheese sandwiches!
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Tortilla soup is one of my favorite soups, I can't wait to try it.
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I love Tortilla soup as well! Your recipe sounds real similar to what I do.

Thank you on the Mexican Casserole recipe. Dh got me a book called Rachel Ray's 365 No-Repeats. It's all 30 minute meal recipes. If you are interested in more meal ideas- just search her website. She's got a ton of yummy stuff.

Crystal
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Apple Pork Chops

Apple Pork Chops

Ingredients
                  2 tablespoons vegetable oil
                  ½ cup chopped onion
                  4 (1/2 inch thick) pork chops
                  ½ teaspoon salt
                  Ground black pepper to taste
                  2 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
                  2 tablespoons brown sugar
                  ½ teaspoon ground mustard
                  1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
                  ¾ cup hot water

Preparation time: 10 minutes
                  Cooking time: 45 minutes
                  Total time: 55 minutes

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute onion in oil for 1 minute, or until tender. Remove onion and set aside. Brown pork chops on both sides in oil.

Place chops in an 8X12 inch baking dish and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Cover the chops with the apples and cooked onion.

In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, cloves and water. Pour over chops. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.

Comment

Pasta Bean

This is our current favorite quick meal. I am a lover of one dish meals.

Pasta Bean

1 Tbls olive oil
                    1 med zucchini sliced
                    Handful mushrooms sliced
                    1 can beans, drained (pinto, great northern, red, kidney or pink)
                    ½ jar spaghetti sauce
                    5 oz spaghetti

Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta. Meanwhile heat the oil in a sauce pan on med/high. When hot add zucchini and mushrooms and sauté. When veg’s are ¾ cooked add sauce and drained beans. Bring to a simmer and cover with lid on low for 10 minutes. While sauce is simmering cook pasta. Drain pasta and spoon the sauce mixture over the pasta. Serve with parm cheese. Serves two. You can add or detract from the vegies as well as add a little basil, onion powder and garlic poweder to the sauce if you like.
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Mexican Pizzas - These are so good.

stick a couple of tortillas on a cookie sheet and stick them in the oven, so they get a little crispy -
                      put some cooked chicken, (perdue short cuts are the easiest) salsa, shredded cheese and what ever else you want on top, (olives, refried beans) and stick them back in the oven until cheese is melted and chicken is warm.

Comment

Black Bean and Cheese Burritos

Black Bean and Cheese Burritos
                        Makes 2, so multiply for more!

2 tortillas
                        1 can black beans
                        1/2 cup grated cheese
                        salsa
                        sour cream

Warm tortillas so they will fold easily (usually 10 seconds in microwave).
                        Add 1/2 can black beans to each burrito and cover with grated cheese.
                        Roll burrito and microwave for 1:15 minutes.
                        Top with salsa and sour cream.
                        Enjoy!!

Takes 5 minutes and it's one of my SO's favorite meals!! :yum:

Comment

Working...
                        X