Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Easy Indian Chicken

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in the crockpot! With a good 6 hours left to go!
    I'm really looking forward to this! The ginger smelled so nice when I was cutting back the outside peel(?).
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

i really hope you like it - especially w/how much you stressed over it.

FYI - the extra ginger you have can be frozen, and the next time you need it just use a microplaner or grater right over the dish. i don't even bother to peel it. it makes things SO much easier.

Comment

Me? Stressed? :>
        It must be my mil who makes me stress out about food being right. I just have to remind myself that it's perfectly fine to make mistakes, fix them, and move on.

Comment

It was gooooooood. The potatoes were good too! I also ended up throwing in some zucchini towards the end because I like veggies.

We'll do this again!!!

Comment

Potatoes and carrots sound good. Yum. I'm going to have to make this again. Oh, I need to make the super easy potatoes too.

Last night I SWEAR I smelled Indian food wafting in through our open bedroom windows. I woke up so hungry for it. DH thinks I'm nuts and he didn't smell a thing.

Comment

As far as the cream goes, I kind of eyeball it until it turns the color of pumpkin pie. That would help cool it down a bit, too.

I love that you guys love this! I think I'll post it on allrecipes.com . Or maybe I should work on a cookbook for white girls marrying into Indian families.

ETA: the cream does thicken it up a bit -- but not a lot.

Comment

I think I'll try it tomorrow, I think you should write the cookbook, "White Girls Can Cook"!!!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Mine is in the crockpot now!!! Instead of tomato sauce I used two cans of rotel tomatoes. Can't wait til dinner.
                  Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

OMG It was wonderful!!!!! :yum: :yum:
                    Luanne

Comment

Just have to say this was so goodI doubled the recipe and am making another batch today.
                      Luanne

Comment

I'm doing it again this weekend for my dad and brother!

Comment

OK, everyone needs to send good thoughts to DC so that someone

1) comes to the open house they're having on Sunday

2) Buys my house

3) so that I can buy the house around the corner

4) so that I can get my crock pot out of storage. (among about a million other reasons...)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                            OK, everyone needs to send good thoughts to DC so that someone

1) comes to the open house they're having on Sunday

2) Buys my house

3) so that I can buy the house around the corner

4) so that I can get my crock pot out of storage. (among about a million other reasons...)

Jenn
                            Good Crockpot thoughts heading to DC.

I almost typed CrackPipe. eta: I mean CrackPot...geez
                            Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                            Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

I finally got around to making this tonight and it was SOOOOO delicious!!!! YUM!!!

Comment

This sounds fabulicious and after 4 pages of posts?!?!?! It gots to be good!!
                                I have to try it!!!!!!

I LOVE Indian! I need it once a week, I swear!

Comment

Working...
                                X