Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Beef Brisket in Beer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad you like it. It is a once a month staple in our house for sure, and left overs are great too.

Comment

okay - our side of beef is due any day now ( embracing KS living for sure ), so I picked up a bottle of the right kind of chili sauce so I can try it again.

Comment

Angie - how did it turn out in the crockpot? I'm going to make it Thursday - mine only has a high and low setting - I'm thinking low for 4 hours??
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Angie, how was it? I am all about the crock pot!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Okay its in the crock-pot and it better be good b/c I have LOTS of brisket at home now. The smallest one I could get was 7.5 pounds so I now have three little ones in the freezer!

I also used Shiner Bock b/c that was the best beer (I thought) in the fridge my other choices were Killians, Boulevard Wheat and Blue Moon. No, we don't usually have that much beer in the fridge its leftover from the Halloween party.

So its on Low and will be cooking for at least five hours - I'll let you know how it turns out. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
              Shiner?!?! I thought you could only get that in TX. You must know people. I love Shiner. Many good college memories.
              We can buy it here - DH might die otherwise! We can also get Boulevard here now (from KC) so he is very content.

Comment

Shiner is available in DC and Maryland, too.

I can't wait to make this. My current oven is so small that a 9 X 13pan doesn't fit.

Jenn

Comment

It was good, but it totally fell apart. It made good shredded beef. I think maybe I should have pulled back from the 7 hours....all day crockpotting? Was the one from the oven more in slices?
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'll go for the oven next time, too. DH loved it. I liked it too, but I wasn't expecting it to shred. That must be a crockpot issue. Maybe less time would help. Cheri is doing it for 4 hours, right? Waiting for your report!!
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Well I'll report what its like at five hours and then turn the crockpot off and DH can report what its like reheated at who knows how many hours b/c he just called and is stuck at the hospital.

Comment

This got two thumbs up from DH!

5 hours in the crock-pot on low and then I ate mine and turned it off. I then turned it back on right before he got home to reheat it. It was very yummy!

Comment

So glad everyone liked it, but as far as falling apart...there is a 'problem' with that if 'overcooked'

But as I see it still tastes great...so I don't mind falling apart goodness for those times I leave it on to long becuse of stuff going on.

Comment

we'll be trying it again soon - as the cow has arrived. I bought the right chili sauce stupid married to an indian girl, so we should be set this time.

Comment

Working...
                            X