Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Crock Pot - African-Style Braised Chicken in Peanut Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crock Pot - African-Style Braised Chicken in Peanut Sauce

1tbsp veg. oil
    3lb chicken pieces, skin on breasts, skinless legs and thighs (all are good)
    2 onions, finely chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2tsp curry powder
    1tbsp chilli powder
    1tsp dried oregano leaves
    1tsp salt
    1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
    1/2 cup condensed chicken broth, undiluted
    1/2 tomato sauce
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 peanut butter
    1tbsp sherry or lemon juice

hot white rice

1. Brown chicken pieces over medium high heat on all sides, transfer to slow cooker

2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened. Add garlic, curry powder, oregano, salt, peppercorns and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, tomato sauce and bay leaf and bring to a boil

3. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.

4.In a bowl, combine peanut butter and sherry. Add a little cooking liquid and stir to blend. Add to slow cooker and let cook covered additional 20 minutes.

Serve over white rice...yum...

I don't know how I missed this, must try it this week!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I missed this too! How much PB?
      I think I've got all the ingredients at home!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I was guessing 1/2 cup.
        Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

yes 1/2 cup, it is soooo good.

Comment

It is in the crock pot now!!!!!
            Luanne

Comment

I cannot tell you how good it smells in my house tonight!!!!!
              Luanne

Comment

We really liked it. Peter, you may be in a race with Jenn's Crockpot Indian Chicken. I served it over Couscous instead of rice.
                Luanne

Comment

Ok this is my next crock recipe! This sounds great, and over couscous sounds fab!

btw Peter where'd you get it?

Comment

I'm makin it again.
                    Luanne

Comment

Finally made it tonight - fab! The kiddos actually liked it Next time I'm sneaking in some green pepper w/it.

Comment

Green Pepper? Oh yeah....ah....see....I HATE GREEN pepper. But I am all for people making reciepes their own.

I forget where I got it, some cook book years ago. I am glad everyone likes it. I will see if I have that book packed away at some point.

Comment

how can you hate green pepper ???...??? I mean mushrooms sure, but green pepper :huh:

Comment

Oh, mushrooms I thought went without saying. LOTHE mushrooms. I should say I like raw green pepper, but just not a fan of cooked green peper.

Comment

Re: Crock Pot - African-Style Braised Chicken in Peanut Sauce

This is on the horizon for when DH get's back from DC...BTW bring on the mushrooms and green peppers around here!

Comment

Working...
                              X