Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm never going to a midnight showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love midnight showings, but I haven't been since having kids. I am probably getting too old, too.

I agree about Twilight being so much a part of our pop culture. I read part of Shades of Gray for the same reason - and it's much worse writing. I actually finished Twilight saga, but I haven't been able to finish the last book of SoG. At least I get the references now, though.

I had fun reading Twilight. It's not good literature, but it was an amusing story.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post

I had fun reading Twilight. It's not good literature, but it was an amusing story.
      Me too
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Me three.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I love the soundtracks to the twilight movies.

Honestly I don't mind reading these. I read them when dd1 was in the twilight phase. And while they are not awesome literature, it's just a story meant to entertain. Definitely more themes in Harry potter, but Harry potter is slammed as being not good writing too!! You just can't win! Unless you are an actor, merchandiser, or author of these cult fiction books. Then one could argue you can win....

Kristen Stewart was in a movie about teen rape where she was the victim. This was pre-twilight. (I think its called Speak?). It was to me a profound movie and while her acting style is fairly stoic I don't mind it. Seeing that movie before the twilight series really colored how I view her acting as a whole. Throw in the scenery of the PNW, and The fact that i like the soundtracks, I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I'm not a hater either...

Probably watching every Dora the explorer episode and Elmo's world has given me more tolerance than the average person though.
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I also enjoyed reading the books and even watching the movies. Now Shades of Grey. After chapter two, I felt my brain cells dying and had to put that crap down. Worst writing EVER.

Comment

And Peggy, I loved Harry Potter as did DH. I enjoy reading books sometimes that are simply for entertaining. No deep thoughts necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X