Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Book Club Book: Three Cups of Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Club Book: Three Cups of Tea

Hello all,

Looks like Three Cups of Tea it is. Let's plan on "meeting" starting April 4th. Basically, on April 4th, I'll post something (TBD, I should probably think about that) to get us started and we can "discuss" from there. It can be very casual and informal and people who have previously read this book can chime in too. Then maybe next month, someone else can "host" and choose a book.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!!
    Elisabeth
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Re: Book Club Book: Three Cups of Tea

There are two versions on the Kindle site....are they the same? They have the same main author....

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_kinc? ... ups+of+tea

They are different prices that's why I ask....
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I think I may be an idiot. The yellow one says "young readers edition" so the top one must be the original that you all are reading huh?
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I read this a while ago. The author just gave a talk at our public library, which I missed. I will look forward to April 4th!
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Michele, my copy looks like the top one.

Good to know there is a young reader edition. I'll have to look into that for the DD. My mom loves her kindle. I'm thinking about getting one too.

Comment

I just put it on hold at the library, now I need to finish Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'm in! If I can get the book at the library.

Comment

Hooray for the State Dept library! Got my copy today without having to leave the building.
                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I got mine today, too, but I'll wait to read it on my trip to Romania next week.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

How sad is this? I went to the online Library book reservations and I owe 5 times more in fees than it cost me to buy the book at Borders.

I guess I need to go in there and Pony Up.

Jenn

Comment

I just picked mine up from the library, too!
                      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I just bought the book at Borders... are there two editions? Mine has the subtitle that says Three Cups of Tea "One Man's Mission to Promote Peace One School At Time" rather than the second post in this thread... This is a stupid question but do I have the right one? I'm reading it tomorrow on my way to the Caribbean.

Comment

Library won't let me take it out until I pay my fines.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Uh-oh. MrsK! You've been bad!

I think of myself as a one woman library fundraising project. They can always count on me for a payment every time I check books out. Cleveland doesn't know what they are missing out on by limiting fines to 5 dollars. Brookline, MA would just bleed you dry till you hit the cost of the books....and then charge a reshelving fee as well. Not that I have any personal experience with that.....
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Oh. I should add that I bought my book and I'm three chapters in. Buying the book cost me seventy dollars because I can not leave a book store without purchasing all that I can carry. It is a sickness. DH won't let me veer off in to a bookstore if we have less than 30 minutes. This is my only post training indulgence! (Bookstore binging - and Mrs. Meyer's cleaning supplies. )
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X