Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
    This book was just recommended to me last week by a friend. It’s on my list. What do you think so far?

I just recently finished Small Great Things by Jodi Piccoult and The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas which I loved. Currently reading Happiness by Heather Harpham for book club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just finished it and LOVED it. Read with a box of tissues.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Elchorrito View Post
      [MENTION=821]Auspicious[/MENTION] When Breath Becomes Air has been recommended to me by so many people, yet I haven`t gotten around to reading it. Worth your time?
      Worth the time. I do plan on finishing it. It’s probably even more captivating if you’re not in a household with a physician, though. A lot of his med school/training stories feel pretty familiar. 😄

Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
        Worth the time. I do plan on finishing it. It’s probably even more captivating if you’re not in a household with a physician, though. A lot of his med school/training stories feel pretty familiar. 😄

Exactly what I meant. It seems sort of like people think since I married a physician I must want to read every book that comes out about them. Some I really have enjoyed, and others, eh. I'm actually not that interested in medicine in general, but some books are worth the read anyway. Also, I found doctor books a lot more interesting before they were my life.

Hot Lights, Cold Steel was/is a good read, but when it's me taking the kids to church alone, or putting them to bed before he gets home it seems like a less interesting book. Luckily I read it when we were dating and he had just been accepted to medical school but hadn't started it.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kristan Higgins - Good Luck With That

Rebecca Spooner - Journal Me Organized
          Riley Carroll - Bullet Journaling
          (Because why not start new years resolutions I can't keep up with?)
          LOVE Ryder's book on Bullet Journal Method. I've been using the method for a little over 4.5 years and it's completely transformed my life. The book explains it perfectly and gives more depth to things I was already doing. It's terrific! You can probably find my thread about BuJo in the Grand Rounds forum. I might start another soon because I'm currently obsessed with how much it's added to my life.
          Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
            LOVE Ryder's book on Bullet Journal Method. I've been using the method for a little over 4.5 years and it's completely transformed my life. The book explains it perfectly and gives more depth to things I was already doing. It's terrific! You can probably find my thread about BuJo in the Grand Rounds forum. I might start another soon because I'm currently obsessed with how much it's added to my life.
            Awesome! I'll have to look for your posts on it. I'm not sure I can be as artsy as the neat ones I've seen. I'm hoping it can still make me happy if it's pretty blah, because I'm not willing to put the effort into making it look as awesome as bloggers and youtubers do.

Comment

What are you reading?

[MENTION=5819]Elchorrito[/MENTION] Ha. My BuJo is not artistic at all. Simply functional, although I bought stencils this year. Really going to spice it up. Mine reminds me of the tidy, organized lab journals of my past.
              Last edited by scrub-jay; 01-03-2019, 08:38 PM.
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                [MENTION=5819]Elchorrito[/MENTION] Ha. My BuJo is not artistic at all. Simply functional, although I bought stencils this year. Really going to spice it up. Mine reminds me of the tidy, organized lab journals of my past.
                Perfect. I am a master at lab journals. I can do this!

Comment

Perfect. I am a master at lab journals. I can do this!

I’m not even kidding. It’s absolutely acceptable to keep a minimalistic, essentials-only, boring BuJo. As long as it works for you.
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                    I’m not even kidding. It’s absolutely acceptable to keep a minimalistic, essentials-only, boring BuJo. As long as it works for you.
                    Yup. Mine is totally boring-looking, too, but it does its job, which is to get things on paper in one place, reasonably organized, so I don't have to remember things. Picture shows some typical pages, I'm still in the process of moving things over to my new one for the new year (my 4th!). It doesn't have to be pretty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                    X