Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH really wants to see this, and I've been hesitating since it feels like a boom crash guy movie, I thought... After reading all of this, I think i WILL go see it... I was going to try to send him with a guy friend instead.

thanks,
    Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by PDXJenn View Post
      DH really wants to see this, and I've been hesitating since it feels like a boom crash guy movie, I thought... After reading all of this, I think i WILL go see it... I was going to try to send him with a guy friend instead.

thanks,
      Jenn
      It isn't a total guy-flick, IMHO.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I saw that in 3D..Simply awesome move,and I also heard that

'Avatar' replacing 'Titanic' in record books

"Avatar" was on the cusp of replacing "Titanic" as the biggest movie of all time after it logged a sixth consecutive weekend as the top choice of moviegoers worldwide, distributor 20th Century Fox said on Sunday.

The total for James Cameron's sci-fi spectacular rose to $1.841 billion, just shy of the seemingly insurmountable $1.843 billion racked up by the director's "Titanic" in 1997-1998.

Already "Avatar" claimed the all-time international total with sales to date of $1.288 billion, eclipsing the $1.242 billion haul of "Titanic."

In North America, it may have to wait another two weeks to sail past the $601 million total of "Titanic," the News Corp -owned studio said. Moviegoers in North America and Canada have chipped in $552.8 million, enough to replace 2008's "The Dark Knight" ($533 million) as the second-biggest movie of all time.

Data are not adjusted for inflation, and "Avatar" ticket sales got an additional boost from premium pricing for 3-D screenings. Imax Corp said its big-screen engagements have sold a record $134 million worth of tickets worldwide.

The biggest movie of all time in North America -- adjusted for inflation -- is 1939's "Gone with the Wind," with sales of almost $1.5 billion, according to tracking firm Box Office Mojo. "Avatar" ranks at No. 26 by that measure.

During the latest weekend, "Avatar" earned $36 million in North America and $107 million internationally, far outpacing other offerings.

It was trailed in North America by Screen Gems' new supernatural action thriller "Legion" at No. 2 with $18.2 million, while Warner Bros' Denzel Washington drama "The Book of Eli" slipped to No. 3 with $17 million in its second weekend. Screen Gems is a unit of Sony Corp, and Warner Bros is a unit of Time Warner Inc.

Two other films opened in the top-10: Fox's Dwayne Johnson family film "The Tooth Fairy" at No. 4 with a promising $14.5 million, and nascent studio CBS Films' Harrison Ford medical drama "Extraordinary Measures" at No. 7 with a disappointing $7 million.

Comment

ok, so after reading all these posts, DH and I finally got to see Avatar the other night, and WOW, no kidding about the 3D- amazing. Loved the cgi, very realistic, and I thought the storyline was really good too, not just "let's think up something with a lot of flying" like I kind of expected. Relatable espescially to me right now with my busted foot was the idea of running in a body that works- loved that!
          Probably in my top 5 fave movies of all time, it was that good... .

Jenn

Comment

My dad calls me last night the moment he got out of Avatar saying its the best movie he "has seen in I don't know how long" and that if I have a chance to go see it, I should and that I should try to see it in 3D and he is sad he didn't see it in 3D. He was gushing about this movie. I really had no intention of seeing it, but if he loved it, and my mom enjoyed it (They have totally different tastes in movies) I am beginning to think I am going to have to go see it.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
            X