Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite Holiday Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sound of Music is our Christmas day tradition. I threaten to make the kids dress up in liederhosen to go caroling if they don't behave.

Christmas Story and Love Actually.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

If I'm at my mothers we watch the grinch on the day after thanksgiving. They have a print from chuck jones studio and a cell from the movie that they hang up right before everyone watches the movie. On Christmas eve for as long as I can remember, after everything is done, we listen to Dylan Thomas recite his "a child's Christmas in Wales." Every year I hear something new. Its also very funny. And he was apparently three sheets when he showed up to do it at the studio.

We listen to Liam Niesen's version of the polar express in the car- the movie creeps me out.

I love the movie The Holiday w/ jack black and Cameron Diaz. I also like the one w/ queen Latifah- I think it's called the perfect holiday.

J.

Comment

No more votes for The Family Stone? Sarah Jessica Parker is great in it.
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

My favorite is It's a Wonderful Life! Love that one!!! Rudolph is a close second, followed by Peanuts.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
            The Sound of Music is our Christmas day tradition. I threaten to make the kids dress up in liederhosen to go caroling if they don't behave.

Comment

I'm a fan. The one dinner table scene always makes me squirm, though.

I'm a big fan of The Holiday--awesome soundtrack and the scene in the girl's fort makes me cry every time.

I also like the Classics: Meet Me in St. Louis (not really Christmas, but it's worth it just to hear Judy Garland sing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"), Holiday Inn/White Christmas (basically the same movie), It's a Wonderful Life

Cant do claymation. Just. Cant. Do. It.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I almost forgot about White Christmas. I love listening to Bing talk almost as much as I love hearing him sing
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm with LadyM. It's a Wonderful Life always makes me feel grateful, happy, and tearful.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Ooh, I totally forgot about White Christmas! Rosemary Clooney, Bing Crosby, and Danny Kaye are some of my absolute favorite actors. Having them in one movie make my cold, jaded heart joyful every time.

Comment

Family stone, elf, christmas vacation....any cheesy lifetime movie

Comment

Family Stone, Mickey's Christmas Carol, and A Christmas Story. My absolute all time fave though is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, we watch it at least once a year.

I saw Love Actually only once a long time ago and I don't recall being a big fan. Seeing how popular it is here though has me wondering if I should rewatch it.

ETA: I just remembered how much I used to love Untamed Heart with Christian Slater. I'll have to rewatch that one too, I wonder if it's dated?
                        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
                          I love this movie - I've missed it the past few years, but I don't foresee anything getting in the way this year!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                            I saw Love Actually only once a long time ago and I don't recall being a big fan. Seeing how popular it is here though has me wondering if I should rewatch it.
                            It is pretty sappy and a little heavy-handed with the happy endings. (I am a big happy ending fan.) It's seriously one of my favorite movies of all time, but I know plenty of people who don't like it.
                            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

My family is obsessed with Christmas Vacation. We watch it over and over again.

Comment

A Christmas Story, all of the stop-motion animated specials (Rudolph, Frosty, etc.), Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street (both versions, especially 1994), Muppet Christmas Carol, Holiday Inn/White Christmas.

Love Actually is a great movie, but I don't think of it as a Christmas movie.
                                Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                                X