Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rachel Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachel Ray

Has anyone ever seen 30 minute meals? Yes I admit I watch it regularly, and I often enjoy it BUT one thing really bugs me. Have you noticed how much she uses her hands when she talks. It is very over the top and has begun to really irritate me. Has anyone else noticed this? I am not sure anyone will care, but I REALLY needed to get this off of my chest .

My DH can't stand her for some reason.
    I think using her hands a lot is just a NY thing. It doesn't get on my nerves though.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
      She's sort of Afflecked, if you ask me.

I have no idea what this means.

Anyway, I read somewhere someone describing her as "smiling so much that it looks like it hurts to be her face."
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Ohh the EVOO thing annoys me too. What is the point of saying "EVOO" if she is going to tell everyone that means extra virgin olive oil everytime anyway..doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose??

Comment

http://www.boston.com/business/articles ... ing_force/

I would love to learn to make more 30-minute meals, but I can never stand more than a few mintues of her show without having to change the channel. The inappropriately timed, forced laugh is what always gets me. I do enjoy her cookbooks and get recipes of hers online.

This one is part of our regular rotation in the autumn:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes ... src=search
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Jacob likes to watch it. If I'm flipping channels he always asks me to stop so we can "watch that lady cook". I know I've said this before - and he was too young to remember - but he & I met her at my cousin's office when Jacob was 10 months old. She looked at him and said "Wow! He's a hottie!" ... so I usually let her irritating stuff slide. I mean, she's such a good judge of child handsomeness ....

Comment

I liked her in the beginning but now she annoys me too. She has a gazillion shows right now. When does she get to spend time with her husband? She looks better though. I guess she can afford a stylist now.

Comment

Don't like her much. I like that Giada DeLaurentis much better. Cooking doesn't have to be hectic like Rachel Ray makes it seem, does it?
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                  Afflecked - overexposed so much that, while initially, she was okay and even pleasant, now it's such overload that just their face pisses you off. Like Ben Affleck. Exhibit A: Gigli.
                  Ohhhh ... I see. Ok, makes sense now.

I like that Giada DeLaurentis much better.
                  Ok, nope - I can't stand Giada. She seems so pretentious and snooty, I want to rip my ears off whenever I hear her overpronouncing an ethnic word.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl

Ok, nope - I can't stand Giada. She seems so pretentious and snooty, I want to rip my ears off whenever I hear her overpronouncing an ethnic word.
                    I'm probably alone in this. I like Jacques Pepin and people who actually have training...

I don't like the new wave of everyone can cook. I like the watch me cook people!

Comment

Originally posted by migirl

I absolutely agree. She thinks she's hot stuff. Her commercials on Food Network are SO corny. And I hate the way she smiles.

Comment

Really? I think she's beautiful!

Comment

I have basic cable so I don't get to see Rachel Ray or Giada.

I also like Jacques Pepin.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                            I have basic cable so I don't get to see Rachel Ray or Giada.

I also like Jacques Pepin.
                            Do you like his daughter?

Comment

I haven't seen enough to decide and it's been a while. I want to say she was vaguely annoying but I'm not sure.

I started his biography a while back but the library called it back and I didn't finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X