Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jon & Kate + 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon & Kate + 8

Has anyone seen this on TLC? I stumbled across a marathon tonight. It's a couple who had trouble getting pregnant, ended up with twins the first time, and then sextuplets the 2nd time.

I can't imagine.

But it's also a little disconcerting that in the 2 episodes I've watched, there have been probably 6 jokes about Jon "leaving". Seems like an underlying thing.

The house is WAY too clean. She said she cleans the kitchen floor 3 times a day.

I also noticed that while Jon has pointed out that she's just bossy and demanding with him, and requested that she "ask" rather than "tell", she somehow always manages to say "Please" to the babies.

Like I said, I can't imagine dealing w/all of that. But she is rather direct and demeaning to him. I saw one where she bellowed across a Toys R Us at him and told him to quit playing and "come here NOW" ! And he had half the kids w/him.

Comment

I was watching this last night thinking, "Holly sh*t they're only 30!" I have no idea how they do it. I think he's more overwhelmed with the kids than she is. Her way of keeping everything under control is being major OCD. I sometimes tend to talk to DH that way and we don't even have any kids.

Comment

OCD is an understatement when it comes to her.

Comment

I am just completely jealous of her OCD. I watch it out of pure amazement.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
            I am just completely jealous of her OCD. I watch it out of pure amazement.
            I can't say I'm jealous but I also watch in pure amazement. Thinking about a new vacuum cleaner and washing machine I'll have in a few weeks is totally not motivating me to do anything until then.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
              But she is rather direct and demeaning to him. I saw one where she bellowed across a Toys R Us at him and told him to quit playing and "come here NOW" ! And he had half the kids w/him.
              I saw that episode and felt so embarrassed for her. I don't think she has any idea that she treats her husband with so little respect (even though he has confronted her about it.) After she scolded him in the store, she seemed shocked that he would actually be annoyed by her. Get a clue, woman!

Comment

I find it even harder to swallow b/c she is so *polite* to the kids (which is great, I am *or try to be* too). I would just expect that someone that finds it acceptable to talk to their partner that way wouldn't feel it's necessary to use please / thank you with her children.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                  I find it even harder to swallow b/c she is so *polite* to the kids (which is great, I am *or try to be* too). I would just expect that someone that finds it acceptable to talk to their partner that way wouldn't feel it's necessary to use please / thank you with her children.
                  Actually she's just sabotaging herself w/ the kids. Mommy can talk all nicey nice to them, but emasculating and demeaning her hubby like she does is a total monkey see monkey do screw up...and mark my words, it will happen sooner or later, we all know how kids mirror their parents!

Comment

Re: Jon & Kate + 8

Originally posted by *Lily*
                    God, I've never seen a more miserable couple. These are people I would avoid at a party with a thirty foot pole.
                    I agree. I can't watch show because it bothers me to see two people treat each other so poorly. I understand 8 kids are a lot to handle, but its no excuse to be disrespectful to your spouse, especially not on national TV and in front of the kids. :huh:

Comment

They had a "marathon" yesterday-- the first time I watched it. It took me back to when my twins were babies and I thought I was losing it! I had the most detailed lists ever... But I'm not so bad now...

And I don't know what I would do with all those babies. The parents are clearly in survival mode.

I just think they are trying to do too much. I mean, all those kids at the beach, at disney, wherever... It is inviting a lot of extra stress. I don't know why they don't wait until the 6 are older (like-- 6) to do the big trips. The kids will not remember, and since the episodes I saw were the ones where they were on big family outings, that is just what struck me as odd...

I mean, when she flipped out over ice cream at Disney world?? :huh: :huh: (Her dress is ruined! I don't want my babies to be sticky all day!!!) Ummmm, the kid wouldn't be screaming if you weren't hysterical. And who leaves their house for an all day outing without extra changes of clothes? Someone's list broke down.

Yes, I had a pathetic new year's eve.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I watch the show from time to time. I think Jon is hilarious and I think it's great that they bicker and snap at each other. She's nuts with her OCD and he definitely gets his jabs in. I much prefer them than the Duggars with the mom's calm serenity and their 17 perfect children. Paleeze!! I have had plenty of moments and I only have 2 kids. Nobody is perfect and we're only looking at a glimpse of their lives. They probably film for days stints then show us the few hours that are oh so entertaining. DH's uncle's family was filmed for a week and the cameras are easily forgotten and what flies out of the mouth is what flies out of the mouth. I say more power to them, they had a set of twins then 6 more and they're still married and functioning on a daily basis, I think I'd go insane.

Comment

Originally posted by madeintaiwan
                          I watch the show from time to time. I think Jon is hilarious and I think it's great that they bicker and snap at each other. She's nuts with her OCD and he definitely gets his jabs in. I much prefer them than the Duggars with the mom's calm serenity and their 17 perfect children. Paleeze!! I have had plenty of moments and I only have 2 kids. Nobody is perfect and we're only looking at a glimpse of their lives. They probably film for days stints then show us the few hours that are oh so entertaining. DH's uncle's family was filmed for a week and the cameras are easily forgotten and what flies out of the mouth is what flies out of the mouth. I say more power to them, they had a set of twins then 6 more and they're still married and functioning on a daily basis, I think I'd go insane.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I think the outings are planned purely for camera time purposes. They probably would stay home if it werent for the TV show bc they wouldnt be able to afford it or handle the stress of doing it.
                            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I also think it's a fun show to watch. We stumbled on it a few weeks ago and it did remind me of when I had twin toddlers. To-ta-lly OCD. They are so in survival mode - and I think it's admirable that they can get the stress out verbally with such humor.
                              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                              With fingernails that shine like justice
                              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                              X