Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Project Runway - season3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH made it home to watch the finale...he only watches the finale, or @ least makes an effort :z . :z

I am pleased w/ Jeffery winning. I have always thought Laura's stuff was elegant...but that's it ...elegant, I totally agree that she is very limited. Michael was disappointing IMO, ULI was Fantastic, she really proved herself!

As soon as the whole Laura accusation drama started to unfold, DH said it's just drama for the show. She was soooooooo off when she claimed she didn't "insult his integrity".

I was most impressed w/ Jeffery's sobriety... anyone that can beat those odds whew!! Michael Kors said it best when he said you could see that he thought of dressing his customer throughout the day and for various activities...now that he's been declared the winner, I imagine that if he did do anything unethical it will come out , because pop culture loves to "knock em down"...hopefully his victory won't be tarnished or tainted...

Comment

woooo Jeffrey!

Man, they really drama'd it up this season, like a whole lot of hype for no real outcome.

Also, it's not fair that they made Jeffrey remove items from his show. In season one, they allowed Kara Saun to show the "prohibited" items, but just not be judged on them - they said for the integrity of her show. I guess they don't care about the integrity of Jeffrey's show as much as they did about hers!
      - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

I watched the finale last night and I totally agreed with the judges. Uli's stuff could be worn by normal women...and I liked most of it. Jeffreys stuff did look haute couture and definitely had his own stamp.

Laura does lovely evening wear. Period.

Michael is young and it showed.

Jenn

Comment

I'm okay w/Jeffery winning.

I absolutely LOVED Laura's collection. She does do 'always upscale', but she does it SO beautifully. She also did some different things than she's done in the past - the nudes, the feather shrug. In all honestly, she doesn't need the $ to start her own line, they're loaded.

Jeffery's collection was very well done, and I did like it. It was still edgy and funky w/o being trashy as he leaned to on the show. I also loved a clip they showed of Jeffery later where he mocked Laura's 'slippery slope to sweats and a minivan'. He said "Try having some kids w/o a rich husband and see how quickly you end up in sweats and a minivan."

I did not really like Uli's. I can only see so many flowy dresses before I fall asleep. She did vary it more than during the season ... but I was not in love.

Michael's just made me sad! It's almost like w/o Tim or Laura around to help 'raise his taste level' he slipped right back into designing for the hoochy-mama.

I loved that they had Fern Mallis as their guest judge. The past 2 seasons they just had actress / fashionistas (Parker Posey in season 1, Debra Messing for season 2). They don't bring as much legitimacy as Fern --- the creator of fashion week! Plus, she stepped up and defended Laura.

I'll miss it. I don't think they've even started casting for season 4 yet, so it's gonna be a LONG WAIT.

Comment

I ended up falling asleep during the last commercial break and missed when they announced the winner. I'm glad Jeffrey won though. He deserved it more than others. His collection was the most interesting and original. The rest just stuck to what they know.

FWIW, I don't think Laura is all that loaded. Yes, she has a great apartment but it's not on UES and since she and her husband are older, it could have been bought 15-20 years ago when it was pretty cheap. And her LV luggage pieces definitely show their age. As for wearing black, it's totally a NY thing. I didn't even notice.

Comment

No - they're loaded (or at least he is). Her husband is one of the principles at Shelton, Mindel and Associates (his name is Peter L. Shelton), he's been inducted into the Interior Design Hall of Fame, they have a line of bathroom hardware for Waterworks, featured in Arcitectural Digest, designed the lobby for FILA ... plus all sorts of other stuff.

A nanny to care for 4 boys would cost a fortune in the middle of Kansas, let alone what it must cost in NYC. She said she doesn't cook, clean, or open the mail - so she's clearly got helpers. Tim Gunn said her apartment is so big you could lay his brownstone down on it's side inside.

I'm guessing mad money.

Comment

Yup I agree with the loaded comment. I think Laura will do well for herself, many designers (i.e. Vera Wang) have made their name in formal gowns and then moved onto other things.

I think all four will find their niche - I actually liked Jeffrey's collection better without the wigs.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm not ok with Jeffrey winning. I am really sad actually. Honestly, I don't know who should have won, though. Micheal's collection was too slutty, in my opinion, with all those keyholes and not to mention the camel toe on the swimsuit. Laura's was boring and the same old stuff. Jeffrey's was messy, and what was with all the polka dots? Uli's was the best out of the four, but it didn't really excite me...more of the same stuff...again. Plus, Jeffrey was such an ***hole. I don't care if you're the best designer in the world, if you have an attitude and treat your customers with disrespect, that totally loses the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                    No - they're loaded (or at least he is). Her husband is one of the principles at Shelton, Mindel and Associates (his name is Peter L. Shelton), he's been inducted into the Interior Design Hall of Fame, they have a line of bathroom hardware for Waterworks, featured in Arcitectural Digest, designed the lobby for FILA ... plus all sorts of other stuff.

A nanny to care for 4 boys would cost a fortune in the middle of Kansas, let alone what it must cost in NYC. She said she doesn't cook, clean, or open the mail - so she's clearly got helpers. Tim Gunn said her apartment is so big you could lay his brownstone down on it's side inside.

I'm guessing mad money.
                    I know I'm majorly highjacking but many people have tons of misperceptions about NY and New Yorkers. In NY everyone has a nanny and cleaning help and many people don't cook because take out is cheaper. I really didn't get the loaded vibe from her, her husband or their loft.

/highjack

Comment

Working...
                    X