Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I don't understand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scuttlebutt here in town (we're in South Bend and DH does sports medicine with various ND teams) is that it will take a LOT for ND to seriously consider joining any conference.

Comment

So the Pac-10 comish is supposedly on his way to KC to talk to KU after A&M turned down their offer. In the mean time the Big 12 comish is saying he's renegotiating the Big 12 TV contract to give each school money on par with the SEC contract in order to try to keep the Texas schools.

Another theory I heard today was that if the south schools do leave we should take the Mountain West schools into the Big 12 instead of the other way around so that they automatically get our BCS bid.

What a mess!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

So the latest rumors are that Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, and Texas Tech are heading to the PAC-?, and Utah may be the 16th team over Kansas. It seems that they would rather have the SLC market, money, and football is king in this decision because obviously Utah cannot come close to competing with Kansas in basketball. If somehow the Big 12 stays together, it looks like Utah may still head to the PAC-?. My hope is for a PAC-12 with Utah as the final team, but we'll find out tomorrow. Kansas may get screwed in all of this. I hope Utah can better their lot, though.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I don't understand...

Yeh, I give up. The guy who has been the best source through all of this was saying one thing this morning and is now on to something else, we'll just have to see.

Comment

So literally 30 minutes ago ESPN was saying Texas was going Pac-10 now they are saying Texas and the other schools are staying with the Big 12 and its unknown whether or not they'll pick up two schools to continue with 12. The Texas regents are meeting tomorrow I believe, maybe then we'll have some closure. I guess what I don't understand is what keeps these schools from staying now but not leaving later??

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
              I guess what I don't understand is what keeps these schools from staying now but not leaving later??
              TV contracts?

Or nothing. One or the other.
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Texas declined the PAC-10's offer. Go Utes, PAC-12!

Comment

The Big 12 is staying IN TACT with 10 teams - yay! This is good for several reasons, one being there are no more divisions we will play all 9 teams every year in football and we'll get to play each team twice in basketball. I think is better for everyone all around if they decide to add two more teams down the line they can!

YAY!

Comment

I feel like I have been holding my breath this whole time, but YAY for a satisfactory outcome!
                    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                      I could totally see Notre Dame joining the Big 10 (11) given the geography and the strength of their football program. But Nebraska? I just don't see it... How does it benefit the the Big 10? (I will readily admit that I don't follow the politics of it all, just the Badgers football season)
                      Although Nebraska will be the lowest ranked school academically in the big ten, they do have a huge national following ($ tv revenue $) for football and their fans travel exceptionally well. I think the addition of Nebraska is great for the big ten. Not too far past Iowa/Minnesota so they fit geographically in the big ten. Lastly, the addition of NU brings the total to 12 teams so we can finally have a championship game. Only negative I see is that it makes it more difficult for my Spartans to succeed in conference. NU usually throttles us when we play them.
                      Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                        Oh, and why doesn't the Big 12 consider adding teams instead of dissolving? Utah, TCU, and Boise State might be good candidates... especially Utah.
                        This is the first I have heard of this. I would be livid too! I second Heidi.
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Boise State agreed to move to the Mountain West Conference a few days ago.
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Heidi, it's official: the Pac-11 has offered Utah an invitation to join the league and it is expected that Utah will accept the invitation with an announcement today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5293329

So now it's the Pac-12, Big 11 and Big 10, lol
                            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Thanks, but I already knew it! They should be having their acceptance press conference right about now!

Comment

Working...
                              X