Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Bowl 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a very happy little cheesehead tonight! GO PACK GO!!!
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

My hats off to the Packers!!! What a great game!!!

Comment

the halftime was a bit painful when it came to the sound
        Yeah...jeez! It sounded absolutely awful. I love my city, but I feel like Dallas screwed up a bit with the super bowl. I really did think the Black Eyed Peas could sing...guess they're just autotuned like the rest of them.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
          I'm a very happy little cheesehead tonight! GO PACK GO!!!
          Ditto!

I have a feeling there will be a lot of tired school kids tomorrow.
          Kris

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
            Christina Aguilera left "O'er ramparts we watched" out of the National Anthem. Overall, I think she has a phenomenal voice, but she oversang it. Here's a link to her performance: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-317568

The halftime performance with the Black Eyed Peas was awesome and innovative, but the sound quality was AWFUL. It was like people's microphones kept going on and off. And I don't really think Usher needed to be a part of that either - he is a terrible live singer, but great dancer.

ETA: Cross posted with you L.Jane! I absolutely agree!!
            I loved the BEP halftime show -- but yeah, the sound folks botched it.

As to Christina Aguilera -- she's a bajillionaire pop star. She doesn't get points in my book for being professional and pushing through. That was embarrassing. I'd give a pass to some unknown person who was being honored or had won the spot to perform. Someone used to (and insanely paid for) performing in front of millions? No.

Comment

Oh hell - I was just glad that she didn't look like a freakin' tramp. The conservative business suit was very nice, but she sang like crap.
              Kris

Comment

I almost wonder if Christina messed up on purpose. Her career has been lagging a bit and this is the most publicity she has gotten in a while!
                Danielle
                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

So I'm late chiming in here...

We threw a superbowl party because I'm a HUGE Steeler fan. The party was awesome, but needless to say I am beyond bummed out at how the game went. We most defintely didn't bring our A-Game, the penalties & turnovers were killer. I believed we were making a serious comeback during the 2nd half, but it didn't seem like we managed the clock as well as we could have. This made the end even harder to swallow.

As for the halftime show, it was one of the best that I've seen in a long time. I am really perturbed about how Dallas screwed the pooch on the audio which was a major distraction to the show. Whomever botched that job ought to be out of a job today. I kept thinking surely they'll correct the issue before the shows over, but nope.

Anyhoo, I guess there always next year.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                  X