Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

March Madness 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Madness 2012

Anyone watching? Anyone filled out brackets? I have two and they are already pretty ruined. I can't believe MU lost. Whoops.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

All 7 of us have filled out a bracket, it's family fun around here. As of yesterday I was in the lead with only 1 miss but I think today really took a toll on my bracket (we'll see when we do the bracket check after dinner).
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

We don't fill out brackets, but after attending the Big10 championship game with Ohio and Michigan last week, I'm far more interested than usual.

Comment

Go Bucks!

Filled out a bracket for the first time this year.. needless to say it has been quite wrecked. I LOVED Lehigh taking Duke out (childish love of UNC) and being a buckeye born, raised, and educated, nothing made me happier than seeing Michigan fall to OU!! Woot! Other than that.. the boys are all watching.. and here I am on the forum!!
        sigpic
        buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

I can't go to bed because I am too worried KU will do a Mizzu/Duke and fall. There are ten minutes and we are up 18 points, so I think we are OK but I don't doubt anything with how the mighty have fallen tonight. Everyone's brackets are equally messed up with all of tonight's upsets.
          -L.Jane

Comment

My bracket is bleeding pretty heavily right now. I really thought Mizzou was final 4 material. We fill out a bracket every year and I kinda suck at it because I always loose at least two of my final four teams in the first two rounds, but I don't put money on it so it's all in good fun. Plus I'd almost always prefer my bracket to be busted if a 15 beats a 2! I was really pulling for the 16 over the 1 seed this year! Asheville deserved that win.
            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Wonder how many people picked 2 #2 seeds falling in the first round? I LOVED that Duke lost. Immediately posted on a snide comment on my snotty cousin/Duke alum's FB wall. She deserved after the crap her and her jackass father gave me last weekend at a family gather. I also enjoyed listening to everyone whine about their brackets were screwed. Anyone who had Duke going past the second round clearly didn't pay attention to men's college bball at ALL this season. They sucked this year. So yeah, that made my night. I did have Mizzou into the Elite 8, which blows. But I went on the premise of #2 seeds don't really ever lose to #15 seeds, and the only other strong team coming out of that part of the West region is Marquette. And I was iffy on them, given their Big East play - they lost to my alma mater, who didn't even make the big dance, lol!

We did our brackets and are doing decent - I think we both got about 75% of the first round games correct.
              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I'm doing one through work. I have never watched more than 5 min of basketball in my life and don't really care for the sport. I'm # 26 out of 27 people
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I have 10 of the sweet 16! I thought that was pretty good, but our work pool is huge, and I haven't seen standings.
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                    I have 10 of the sweet 16! I thought that was pretty good, but our work pool is huge, and I haven't seen standings.
                    That's awesome! I've been getting HURT bad in my bracket.. but the buckeyes just made it to the FINAL FOUR which always makes an Ohio girl SMILE!!!! Now if only we could take on UNC/Kansas... yiiiiikes..
                    sigpic
                    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Yay OSU. There was joy in our house last night and we will be cheering for UNC tonight!
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I cheered for OSU, but tonight we will be Rivals. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
                        -L.Jane

Comment

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, Beat those Heels, just like '08!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                            ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, Beat those Heels, just like '08!!
                            What does "Rock Chalk" mean? I know it's the KU cheer like "Go Bucks" is for Ohio state but what does it mean?
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

It has to do with the limestone the campus is built on, Wikipedia does a good job explaining it but I'm on my phone so this link may not work.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Chalk,_Jayhawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X