Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Duck Fans - Rumor has it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops. Originally put this in the wrong thread so here it is again in the correct thread.

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
    NCAA infractions came down this morning for UO.

NCAA: UO, Kelly Oregon failed to monitor football program: Summary

Pictures of the Full Report

Timeline

The penalties include:

Public reprimand and censure.
    Three years of probation from June 26, 2013 through June 25, 2016.
    An 18-month show cause order for the former head coach. The public report contains further details.
    A one-year show-cause order for the former assistant director of operations. The public report contains further details.
    A reduction of initial football scholarships by one from the maximum allowed (25) during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years (imposed by the university).
    A reduction of total football scholarships by one from the maximum allowed (85) during the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 academic years (imposed by the university).
    A reduction of official paid football visits to from 56 to 37 for the 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 academic years.
    A reduction of permissible football evaluation days from 42 to 36 in the fall of 2013, 2014 and 2015 and permissible football evaluation days from 168 to 144 in the spring of 2014, 2015 and 2016.
    A ban on the subscription to recruiting services during the probation period.
    A disassociation of the recruiting service provider. Details of the disassociation are included in the public report (imposed by the university).
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
      Yike SS - that is amazing.

I know Madison has several classes that they direct student athletes to take because they have lighter time commitments. Hell, the foreign language class I taught was only 4 days a week instead of the standard 5 for Spanish, French or German AND the department had a woman on staff who's job was to tutor the student athletes so that they would pass the classes. I was never pressured to fudge their grades, but boy, some of them should not have been in college...

I assume that every Division I school does something similar. But, no-show classes? That's pretty awful.
      After working in Higher Ed. for almost 20 years, I think I can say that I know only of a handful of stories where the student athlete was a smart person that took advantage of their athletic ability to pursue higher education and excelled in their courses - some even going for a graduate degree. The rest...sadly but true, should have never been in college. It still makes me puke remembering the student athlete advisers calling students to get them out of bed to go to class!! It was all about keeping them eligible. Blech. Ugh - I can't beleive I still feel so strongly about it - it has been a while since I worked undergrad higher ed.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Working...
      X