Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Graditude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graditude

Originally posted by DCJenn
    Wine. Specifically Casillero del Diablo Carmenere 2007 from Chile. Cheap red that doesn't cause instantaneous headaches and tastes good to boot! It's our new house red.

Jenn
    Yum. I'm going to ask DH to find some for me. I had my first post-pregnancy margarita (shared w DH) a couple days ago, and, oh, it tasted so good.

I'm grateful for my mom, who made the last three weeks bearable with three kids under age two. I'm grateful it will only be a few weeks until she's back here for Christmas.
    I'm grateful for incredible new friends we've made here, only a few months after we moved.
    I'm grateful for cell phones and for DH's willingness to chat with me about anything and nothing in particular while he's driving.
    I'm grateful for my camera. aparazzi:
    I'm grateful for wood-burning stoves and the smell of freshly-cut pine logs.
    I'm grateful for tile floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb7456
      Originally posted by DCJenn
      Wine. Specifically Casillero del Diablo Carmenere 2007 from Chile. Cheap red that doesn't cause instantaneous headaches and tastes good to boot! It's our new house red.

Jenn
      Yum. I'm going to ask DH to find some for me. I had my first post-pregnancy margarita (shared w DH) a couple days ago, and, oh, it tasted so good.

I'm grateful for my mom, who made the last three weeks bearable with three kids under age two. I'm grateful it will only be a few weeks until she's back here for Christmas.
      I'm grateful for incredible new friends we've made here, only a few months after we moved.
      I'm grateful for cell phones and for DH's willingness to chat with me about anything and nothing in particular while he's driving.
      I'm grateful for my camera. aparazzi:
      I'm grateful for wood-burning stoves and the smell of freshly-cut pine logs.
      I'm grateful for tile floors.
      This made my day! I'm grateful for your post and for your happy life!
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

The puppet I just bought for my 3yo nephew. It's a dog that actually barks when you work its mouth. . . and it was only $5! I brought it to the office and cracked up my co-workers. "Talk to the Dog" has become the quote of the day around here.

P.S. 3yo nephew got the puppet for Chirstmas and he loves it.

Comment

Silly movies like "Role Models"
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

The "get well" necklace my 11 year old son made me as a surprise...it makes me giggle every time I look at it! I am a cross between a pimp and a hippie and a nun

Comment

I got this by e-mail today. Enjoy.

I AM THANKFUL:

FOR THE WIFE WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME, AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

igout:

FOR THE HUSBAND WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO, BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

FOR THE TEENAGER WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES I PAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM EMPLOYED .

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

:dyson:

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

:sadscale:

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
              BECAUSE IT MEANS WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH

:soapbox:

FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION.

:exercise:

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.

:brrr:

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY
              BECAUSE IT MEANS I CAN HEAR.

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.

:alarmclock:

AND I AM THANKFUL FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

:thud:

Comment

Today, I'm grateful for ibuprofen, because it will get rid of this headache that's been gradually getting worse all morning.
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Today. . . i am struggling but forcing myself to be grateful for. . . .

I am grateful that 24 hours from now my work week will be over and I will be having dinner with friends.

I am grateful that 48 hours from now I will be with DrK and that he has taken very good care of my dog in my absence.

I am grateful that my collegue gave me a hug instead of a lecture when I messed up today.

I am grateful that my MIL is excited about spending thanksgiving with us.

I am grateful that DrK calls to check in on me when I'm having a bad day even if he is very busy.

I am grateful that my 9 month old nephew is healthy and he is learning how to walk.

I am grateful for DrK.

I am grateful that I had a good hair day.

I am grateful to everyone that posted in this thread cuz it comforts me to read about their blessings.

Comment

Today, I'm grateful that my coworker got back from her week in Hawaii and solved a couple problems I needed her help with.

And, I'm grateful for the trashy fantasy romance novel series I'm reading.
                    Sandy

Comment

I am grateful for having two warm kitties in my lap. Our heater is broken and it's cold!!! :brrr:

ETA: Okay, that gratitude was almost a complaint, so I'll throw in - I'm grateful that we have a warranty on our home, and someone is coming to fix the heater tomorrow!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm grateful that

1. (and this is the biggest one) that DS is doing so well and that he can function at near normal levels.
                        2. Baby #2 is wriggly all the time so I know she is doing well in there.
                        3. DH is not traveling this week and we get to spend the holiday together without traveling to MIL's.
                        4. my fall craft show is done and I only have a few special orders to finish up before I can start knitting for the babe.

There are more, but those are the biggies. I really need to keep my focus on these things as I get overwhelmed with all of the interview travels, the SI joint pain and swollen feet.
                        Kris

Comment

Those goofy Jimmy Dean ads with the guys dressed as the sun, moon, and clouds.

Comment

Today I am grateful for fate and chance meetings.
                            Ten years ago today I met DH

Comment

I'm grateful that DrK and I have been married 300 days TODAY and we made plans to go to a B&B, drink wine, eat well, and get in-room massages for our quickly approaching 1st wedding anniversary. So excited!

:dinner:

Comment

I am grateful for the opportunity and ability to play sports because my game last night saved the day!

I am also grateful for our big warm bed, even though the Mr. isn't in it right now, because it is keeping me warm and comfy during an incredibly lazy day.

Comment

Working...
                                X