Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Medical profession jokes! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical profession jokes! LOL

These were forwarded to DH.
    I bet these are probably old or may have appeared on here at one time or another, but they made me chuckle so I thought I'd share! Feel free to add ones you have heard ...it would be fun to build a list of medical profession jokes!

How do you hide $5.00 from a surgeon? put it in a journal

How do you hide $5.00 from a radiologist? put it on the patient

How do you hide $5.00 from a plastic surgeon? you can't!

Our friend (ortho PGY2) told us this one yesterday...

When holding the doors open on an elevator, one should use the least used body part in case the door should malfunction:
    Internists should use their hand.
    Surgeons should use their foot.
    Orthopods should use their head.
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Lol
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Oh yeah J has a buttload of those hide a dollar jokes. One for pretty much every area of medicine. The neurosurgeon one is the worst... give it to their kids.

How do you hide a $100 from an internist?
        Put it under a dressing.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Ljane please ask him if he has one for cards??

Comment

Definition of a double-blind study?

Two orthopods trying to read an EKG.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

keep 'em coming...maybe we can publish an iMSN book of jokes someday if we get enough!

Comment

These are hysterical. DH has a bunch for uro; I'll get them from him when he comes home tonight.
                Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Oh, holy shit. I love you guys. This thread is my new official favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post

OMFG Heidi - that is hysterical!
                    Kris

Comment

The classic duck-hunting joke:

Ok, so an internist, a surgeon, and a pathologist go duck hunting. The internist is up first and takes aim. A duck flies by and the internist looks up and thinks "hmm... could be a goose, gander, duck? how about swan? eagle, hawk? no not likely but still possible. what about other waterfowl? hmm..." and the duck flies on out of range. The surgeon is up next and takes aim. Before the bird is even clearly in sight... BANG! In the distance something falls from the sky. The surgeon turns to the pathologist and says "Go tell me what that is".
                      Several variations out there, but always ends with the surgeon and the pathologist.
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post

OMWORD! I just about spit out my Coke laughing at that one!

Comment

I asked DH what his favorite anesthesia joke was, and he said the ABCs of anesthesia: Airway, Book, Chair.

Then when I gave him a blank stare, he explained. (Based on the ABCs of CPR - Airway, Breathing, Circulation. But anesthesiologists do the airway, grab their book, and sit in the chair.)
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Lol LM!

I'll have to ask DH if he has any good ones when he gets home.

Also I feel many of these are funny because they're true...
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Ljane & WGW...waiting.on your additions!!!! like I said keep 'em coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X