Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

That's a lotta love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a lotta love

So, evidently squirrels can get into the space between our ceiling and our upstairs neighbors' floor. Every now and then we can hear one scrambling around up there for a few seconds before it turns around and leavs again.

Rodents freak me out. Especially in my home, which is supposed to be my haven from all things creepy.

The last time we heard one of our squirrel friends was Friday morning while we were still in bed. So Friday night as we're laying (lying? I don't know) in bed getting ready to go to sleep, I whispered to my boyfriend, "What if the squirrel comes back?" 8O 8O

And he whispers back, "I'll defend you." 8)

And I said "Awww, you love me enough to defend me from a squirrel?" :P

"Oh, I love you enough to defend you from three squirrels."

Pause.

"What if there are four squirrels?"

"I love you enough to defend you from a thousand squirrels."

"Wow, that's really good! That should be the theme of our wedding!: 'I love you enough to defend you from a thousand squirrels.' And you know how some people release doves or butterflies for the send-off? We'll release a thousand squirrels--and my dress will be decorated with nuts."

"Macadamia nuts."

I'm concerned, though, that his squirrel weapon of choice is a bat. I'm voting for a rolled-up newspaper.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

That is really funny! And very, very sweet.
    You could have a nut themed cake -- maybe chocolate hazelnut? And all sorts of nut related food at a reception.
    Nuts on your dress. In your bouquet -- nuts in the shell might look kind of cool.
    Macademia nuts could relate to a whole Hawaiian theme.
    Just be sure to release the squirrels away from your nut-encrusted dress.

btw, not that I ever remember this....but chickens lay eggs and people lie down....that is the only way I sometimes remember the difference....

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
      Just be sure to release the squirrels away from your nut-encrusted dress.
      Oh no, it has to be near the dress so that he can demonstrate his love by swatting off the swarming squirrels. People are always looking for ways to make their weddings "unique" and "personal" . . . maybe I should send this idea in to Martha Stewart.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

You guys are cracking me up!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Very cute and sweet. And yes, squirrels are rodents and thus, very bad in my book. Right behind cockroaches. I imagine hell to be overcrowded with such vermin.

Hey, maybe you can have squirrels parachuting down from the ceiling during the reception instead of confetti or balloons.

Nellie, thanks for the lay/lie tip. I can never remember it either.

Comment

I really don't like squirrels, they eat all of the food out of my birdfeeders.

Nellie, thanks for the tip I never know which one to use.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I need your boyfriend Julie....Russ and I were walking one day on campus and I threw a bag into a garbage can...the next thing I see is this thing flying at my head...it was a squirrel who was leaping at my face....I screamed and cowered.....and Russ.....he laughed!

Ugh....I have a deep hatred for squirrels now....but not all rodents...as we have two pet rats (they're clean though).
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I keep trying to explain to my beloved doggie that squirrels are just rats with flufffy tails and that really he doesn't need to try to eat one.

I was tormented as a child by a squirrel who stole my P. B. and J. right out of my hand as I ate lunch on the back porch. That's just not right to do to a little red haired girl...

Jenn

Comment

Wasn't there an episode of Sex and the City that referred to squirrels as "...just rats in fur coats"?

(No offense to your pet rats, Michele).

Comment

Poor rats--you spread one little plague and everyone hates you forever.

I actually am fine with squirrels outdoors, but they definitely don't belong in the house. Definitley not my house.

Comment

Working...
                    X