Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am the most glamorous dawkter's wife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave birth at DH's hospital twice. Random coworkers kept popping in to congratulate at all hours. I looked pretty much as Kris did, with the urine bag hanging off the side of the bed and a baby hanging off my boob. Nobody except for me saw a problem with the scrubs parade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude, that is NOT cool. Random visits at all hours? WTF?!

Comment

I had more of DH's residents visit than their wives I was too tired to care who saw what, though!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I delivered both kids within departments where my husband was training. All his coworkers checked on me .. not just visited me. Enough said.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Hmmm...I wondered why my friend had delivered at another hospital (since it was far less convenient), but I think it's becoming very clear...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
              I delivered both kids within departments where my husband was training. All his coworkers checked on me .. not just visited me. Enough said.
              Thankfully, DH's specialty is far removed from labor/delivery!
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Not cool. I would not have handled that well, at all.

Comment

This is why we delivered our sons at the one hopital where DrK's program does not rotate residents.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Our insurance covers 100% of in-house stays, so it really wasn't/isn't an option for us!
                    Jen

Comment

We're now in such a rural area that there's only one hospital and we know EVERYONE. Just one more reason why I'm cool beans with not having any more babies.

Comment

With S, I purposely picked and OB that did not have students/residents rotating through. I wasn't too worried about the hospital because I could specify that I didn't want any students/residents.
                        Kris

Comment

Working...
                        X