Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are the stupidest things people have said to you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the stupidest things people have said to you

when you tell them your spouses job/specialty?

The conversation goes something like this:

Them: "So what does your husband do?"
    Me: "He's a resident in ophthalmology..."
    Them: "Oh! ...and yet you wear glasses"

New temp employer: "So, what does your boyfriend do?" (note: we've been married now for 11 years)
    Me: "He's an anesthesiologist."
    New temp employer: "You better be careful. He can kill you and make it look like a natural death. No one would suspect a thing."

LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
      New temp employer: "So, what does your boyfriend do?" (note: we've been married now for 11 years)
      New temp employer: "You better be careful. He can kill you and make it look like a natural death. No one would suspect a thing."

LMAO.
      hahahaha!!!
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Wow! Those are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
          hahahaha!!!
          You better watch your back, too.

Comment

LMAO.
            -Ladybug

Comment

While pregnant this summer:
              (Random man in parking lot)
              "It's going to be a long hot summer for you"

(Person in elevator, looking at my belly)
              "Isn't that hot?"

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                While pregnant this summer:
                (Random man in parking lot)
                "It's going to be a long hot summer for you"

(Person in elevator, looking at my belly)
                "Isn't that hot?"

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod

Hahaha! What does that even mean?? People are so weird.

Comment

LMAO.
                  OH MY WORD!!! Seriously. I think I peed a little laughing at that.

Comment

DH is a neurosurgeon. I've gotten:

--"Is he smart?" (No, no. He's the token dumb one.)
                    --"Does he do transplant?" (Are you listening to yourself??)
                    --"So... You're rich." (Yes. Because that's what 17 years of post-college schooling and training result in: Wealth at 40.)
                    --"Did you become a lawyer so you can represent him on med-mal claims?" (Yes. Because I lack confidence in his abilities.)
                    --One of my favorites: "Did he go to medical school for that?"
                    --"Oh. I thought he was a real doctor." (WTHeck??)
                    --"Can he take a look at this lump on my back?" (Sure. He'll tell you it looks suspicious and you should really see somebody about that.)
                    --"How did you land a doctor?" (Um…excuse me…the real question is how did he land ME??)

Comment

LOL.

I've gotten the 'are you rich' or 'you must be rich' thing too.
                      "did you meet him before he went to medical school or after?" What's the implication there?

Kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

From a pharm rep I crossed paths with in my old job, after finding out that we'd be moving soon for DH to go to med school):

"Oh, yikes. You know he's going to cheat on you and leave you for a nurse right? Or at least a young med student. Happens all the time - can't tell you how many of my clients are on wife 2 or 3 - and wife 2 or 3 is always a former employer he had up on the desk at some point! They can never keep it in their pants with those young nurses and students thinking they are god!"

Awesome. Thank you.
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

wow.
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Some of those made my jaw drop. I've gotten some truly insulting responses from musicians:

"Oh you're set." (end of discussion, all problems solved.)
                            "Oh that's smart! Doctor to fund your music." (as if I can't already support myself)
                            and one even in the middle of a conversation said "Or I could just do what you did and marry a doctor..."

Comment

From a family member before DD2 was born:
                              "I hope you are able to expect less than perfection from DD1 after DD2 is born"

From my mom after I stopped nursing "Oh, that's good. What a relief."

Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                              X