Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

6 Ways To Be A Fabulous Partner in 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Ways To Be A Fabulous Partner in 2016

Love this article about self love. What inspiring articles are you all reading going into 2016?

http://www.heartsintrueharmony.com/m...id=1&sbid=fRZk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Grace

I am completely enthralled by this Four Tendencies Framework: happiercast.com/quiz

It talks about how different personalities deal with inner expectations (like New Year resolutions) and outer expectations (like work deadlines.) It's already taught me so much about myself and those around me, and I have only listened to the author's podcasts on the subject -- I haven't even read the book! (I'm third on the list at the library.)

I'm a Questioner, so external pressure doesn't motivate me. I don't care how much someone says this is what you SHOULD do, what matters to me is that it makes SENSE to do it. But if I have a sound reason, and a plan of attack, then I'm just as motivated to do personal goals as I am to do outside ones. My husband is an Upholder, so he is very motivated by any kind of obligation: if he feels like it's something he SHOULD do then he's going to be driven to do it, whether it's an expectation that's been "assigned" by himself or by others. It's really fascinating to view so many of our behaviors from this perspective!
    Alison

Comment

Up holder according to quiz. I'm pondering this.
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I buy that, D. That was why I asked why you didn't want to go run the other day. You didn't need anyone else to tell you to go, or to go with you, you just needed to get past that feeling of being tired from all the storm clearing work. The majority of people are Obligers, and would need external pressure to motivate them to go.
        Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
          I think I buy that, D. That was why I asked why you didn't want to go run the other day. You didn't need anyone else to tell you to go, or to go with you, you just needed to get past that feeling of being tired from all the storm clearing work. The majority of people are Obligers, and would need external pressure to motivate them to go.
          SP I just took the quiz what do you think I got?

Comment

Ha. I am so totally a questioner, too!
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
              Ha. I am so totally a questioner, too!
              No? Really?
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Blimey, takes a quiz and a pal before I can see it for myself. Interesting.
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                  SP I just took the quiz what do you think I got?

Am I right that you're a Rebel?? On the podcast she says often artistic people are.
                  Alison

Comment

Am I right that you're a Rebel?? On the podcast she says often artistic people are.
                    That's what I thought I'd be! A questioner, which I suppose is good since it means I'm only at odds with the world and not myself poky and I are twins!

Comment

I'm a questioner, too.
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                        I'm a questioner, too.
                        It's pretty much the coolest, right? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                          That's what I thought I'd be! A questioner, which I suppose is good since it means I'm only at odds with the world and not myself poky and I are twins!
                          LOL. Yeah, on second thought, a Rebel would really struggle with things like getting to yoga class regularly and meeting financial goals -- and would really find it tough to be married to an Upholder, which it sounds like C is!
                          Alison

Comment

I'm an obliger. No surprise.
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm a questioner, not too surprised. C took it too and got obliger. I guess that's why we get along so well lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X