Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bad joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad joke

A pirate walks into a bar, bellys to the bar and orders a drink.

The bartender notices a steering wheel in the pirates pants.

The bartender asks 'Do you realize you have a steering wheel in your pants?'

The pirate replies 'Arrggh, it drives me nuts'

Comment

You know what's crazy about that joke, is why is the guy a pirate? That actually has no bearing on the joke, it's like whoever wrote it just decided to make the guy a pirate because pirates are inherently funny. 8) I like it.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I think the "Arggghhh" part is supposed to be said with as a pirate-y sound "Arggghhh".

Here's another pirate joke (but way lame). What is a pirate's favorite beer?

"P.B. Arrrrggghhh"

Comment

On second examination, the double meaning on "it drives me nuts" will only work if the speaker is someone using a dialect in which me=my (it drives me nuts / it drives my nuts) so the speaker would, in fact, have to be a pirate. Or maybe a leprechaun.

(Ahh, another thing I've sucked all the joy out of by overexamining it. Incorrectly. My work here is done. )
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
            Here's another pirate joke (but way lame). What is a pirate's favorite beer?

"P.B. Arrrrggghhh"
            I don't get it... ??
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon)
                Oh. Thanks.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Who knew a pirate joke would generate so may responses? I didn't get the PBR joke at first either...
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I love you guys! The way that you all reveal your authentic selves, nueroses included, make me smile.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm such a loser-- the first joke makes me laugh everytime I read it!

Comment

Working...
                      X