Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Newbie engaged to an incoming PGY1-General Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:hey: Welcome!
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome! We're next door in Cinci!
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Wow, lots of people from the midwest here! I am pleasantly surprised. Sometimes when visiting some of the schools during interviews for residency, I felt outnumbered by east coasters, and most of the med students were single. It was slightly worrisome, and made me wonder if my boyfriend was the only one in IN and OH interested in general surgery who had a partner! Which makes no sense, but at that point it was so hard to get a grasp of what this whole residency thing was going to look like. Good to know there are others out there. I am originally from Indiana, so was glad we got to stay here.

Comment

late to chime in. hi and welcome!

we're in *cough cough* west virginia.

stick around!
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Chiming in VERY late to welcome you here! I was taking a class when you posted your intro and never saw it, but when I saw in another thread that you were in Indy, I went back and found it. Glad you are here....we will have to have an Indianapolis area get-together soon! I live in Avon and work in Danville. I am originally from Lafayette and went to college in Indy (we don't need to talk about how many years ago that was) as well as living there for the four years DH was in med school.

I hope things are going as well as they can be for you since intern year has started!

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally, great avatar by the way. James is so handsome!
                I loved him in "The Great Escape!"

sorry....welcome again....
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome! Suzy Sunshine is correct...The level of pain associated with a surgical residency depends on many things, beginning with how hard core the regime (Did I say regime, I meant "program") is.

If we are starting a surgery brat pack, I would probably have to be the burn out or off-the-wall member. Suggestions?

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                  X