Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Newbie - recently married, moved cross country, in a new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, we're not all ladies here

And as has been said, we can all relate. Went from Denver to Cheyenne (that one was mine) to Omaha to Phoenix in the name of the greater good. Would have never imagined the road seven or eight years ago, and nothing looks quite the same, but I have to say so far it's been worth it.

Comment

Hi imsn ladies,
      ..(in my best female voice)...Hi!

Welcome to the site!

Comment

You're in the right place! I have yet to find someone IRL that truly understands our life. Congratulations on your recent wedding!

Post Often and I'll see you around! :hey:
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Thank you all (ladies AND gentlemen) for your warm welcome.

Atthebeach- Definitely a better location, really can't complain. We both feel truly fortunate to be back in CA.

madeintaiwan- DH's speciality is in ER, however, he is doing his prelim year in Surgery.

rainbabies- That is too bad we missed each other. Where in West Virginia are you? WVU or Marshall?

ud_grad- Thank you for the heads up re: the magazine, I will definitely have to look into that. I'm in the same boat with you when I have to hear my girl friend tell me that her hubby planned yet another weekend trip for them... sigh...

Rascablo and gmdcblack- My bad! I totally forgot it was "spouses" here. I am so use to going on a all female wedding forum so please excuse my presumption.

Comment

WVU-charleston
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm glad you found us. This site is a wonderful place for support. I sometimes tell DH that the "Holy Trinity" of our marriage is him, me, and MSN!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

welcome welcome!!

Comment

Welcome! I just recently joined here too (lots of lonely nights forced me out from lurking!) My DH also just started intern year and it really does stink. This is a great place where everyone is so encouraging and understanding.

Comment

Your story was very interesting ... and a little sad. It's terrible that you experienced discrimination... it is totally understandable how that would lead you to feel depressed and out-of-place.

I'm not married to my med student, but I can understand how you'd feel as though nobody really sees the sacrifice that goes into it. They're so busy and absorbed in their passion, but I hope he is able to make SOME time for you...if not, his priorities may not be in the right place.

Good luck to you...and welcome!

Comment

Welcome!!!
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                      X