Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

been a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been a long time

Hi everyone,
    Its been a long time since I've posted. After DH matched (in 2005) it has been a whirlwind. We moved to Oakland from Chicago for his intern year then hauled the cats to Maryland to start his Anesthesia residency at Hopkins.

Meanwhile I had to go through looking for new teaching jobs every summer. Being in 4 schools in a 5 year period just looks bad on a resume... anyway, because I had to scramble every summer for a teaching position I always ended up in a really stressful school environment and becoming really depressed.

Well this summer I finally had the perfect excuse not to go back to work. We had a beautiful baby boy in August and I decided to be a SAHM. And with DH's work schedule and my stressful job situation it was the best option and I couldn't be happier.

Now that I'm at home I lurked back to this site, I realized how I've missed the wonderful support this group has been. This is even more evident now that I have a baby. I never knew how many questions I would have as a new mother and going to that parenting board so many have been answered! This site has always made me feel that I am not alone and I'm glad to be back.

Cherry

Re: been a long time

Welcome back!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome back and congratulations on the baby!

That has got to hard to change teaching positions every year. Yikes!

Comment

Welcome back and congratulations on the baby boy!!!

Comment

I took a leave of absense from this site when I was... I don't know. Sulking about something. glad you're back!!!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Welcome back Cherry!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Back and Congrats!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome back and congratulations on your son!!!! What is his name? Give us details.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes! My little guy's name is Nathaniel Kieran. Actually he is not so little. He was 9 pounds 3 ounces when born and at almost 6 weeks he is over 12 pounds and very heavy!

I would share a picture but my files are too big and I don't know how to make them smaller. :huh:

Comment

Welcome back!!!!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Congratulations on the baby! How exciting!

Comment

Working...
                      X