Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

a re-introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a re-introduction

Hi everyone...I've been on this forum before a long time ago, under SAHMkatie. But that was with an old email address, and it's been a long time, so I just made a new account .
    My DH just matched to internal medicine (and heme/onc AND research... 8 year program)!!! He's an MD/PhD...so this training thing has been going on a loooong time. But that's okay, he loves it.
    So this clueless californian is about to move to minnesota. I will freeze!! I have two daughters, age 2.5 and 7 months. Looking forward to being part of the forum again! (cold-weather survival tips are welcome)

Welcome back.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome - are you moving to Rochester? If you are let me know, that is where we live. I'm happy to help.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome back! I just spent the weekend in Minnesota, and it wasn't nearly as cold as I was expecting. I'm sure you'll survive.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Welcome back and congrats on the match
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by CluelessCalifornian View Post
            He's an MD/PhD...so this training thing has been going on a loooong time. But that's okay, he loves it.
            I can relate!! Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
              I can relate!! Welcome back.
              ditto

Welcome back and congratulations on the match!!!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome back Katie.

Minnesota has quite the iMSN contingency. Whereever you go, we have someone there. (That is meant to provide encouragement, not sound ominous. )

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We'll be in the twin cities for the 2010-2011 year!
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Welcome!
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

thanks all! We are moving to Rochester . Sounds like there are lots of Minnesotans out there!

Comment

I'm in MN too...not quite the twin cities, but close enough!

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

welcome back!!!!
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome back! We went to visit Rochester a few months ago - we really liked it! Good luck with the move!
                              Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                              X