Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello from a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!
    Needs

Comment

Welcome!

I gained 15 pounds the first year I moved from Seattle to Chicago (and 15 each subsequent year). It's those looooong winters!!!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Welcome!

Your screen name is very appropriate!

Comment

Welcome! I am not in OH [tho my crazy grandmother lives there] but moved from CA to MO for medical school and now we're in KS for residency.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by WhereToNext View Post
              No offense taken. It's nice to know I am amongst my own people
              Welcome and I have to say that I felt the same way when I found this board.
              Kris

Comment

Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome to Ohio and iMSN.

Comment

Thank you ladies for such a warm welcome!

Originally posted by frowe01 View Post
                    Though we live in Philly now, I am originally from Louisville, Ky...which is right down the road from Cinci! Welcome!
                    Hi frowe01,

My DH's father is originally from Louisville, although he is deceased, we have visited my DH's uncle there a couple of times. DH's uncle is very proud to be a Kentuckian. In fact, although I thought this was a complete joke until he showed us his state-issued certificate, he is a Kentucky Colonel. Please don't ask me to explain. I have no idea.

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                    Greetings! I am the resident "Opinionated Conservative Who Everyone Tolerates (or Even Humors) Because Having a Token Republican Friend Is All The Rage At Cocktail Parties Right Now." I'm a form of amusement!

No, seriously: I was actually introduced this way last week. BAWAHAHAHAHA!

Good to meet you!
                    Hi GrayMatterWife,

Thank you for upping my cool factor exponentially. Should I find myself at a cocktail party, I will mention you profusely.

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                    Welcome to iMSN and to Ohio! We're in Columbus, but have really good friends in Cinci. Hope you're adjusting to being married to a resident.
                    Hi Deebs,

Cincy has been an easy transition for us. We wanted to leave CA, despite and because of the fact that we are both LA natives, and are enjoying the Midwest. Transitioning from the wife of a med student to the wife of a resident is an entirely different can of worms. We lived in LA for med school and I had to work so much to keep us afloat, I was too exhausted to realize how little time we spent together. Now, working much less and from home, I am acutely aware of how little time we spend together. It's a trade-off.

Originally posted by alison View Post
                    Welcome!

I gained 15 pounds the first year I moved from Seattle to Chicago (and 15 each subsequent year). It's those looooong winters!!!
                    Hi alison,

That is so true. I'm already dreading next winter.

Comment

I may be in love with you already. You can do quotes, respond to several people in one post, and seem to have a sense of humor.

I don't normally bother to pipe in the the Introductions forum (I'm old, bitter, and have been on this site way too long), but WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome!

Sorry I'm late chiming in here... I'm glad you found us, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                          X