Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi from army med student girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by army md girlfriend View Post
    Thanks everyone!

Glad to see there are other military folks here. I'm still getting used to all the lingo/rules/the way things work-- I've never had any family or friends in the military and never would have guessed I would date anyone in the Army until SO got into his program.

Jenn-- my SO will do rotations at WR, NNMC, Tripler, Madigan, and San Diego. I'll probably visit him once at each place.

He's not sure what he'll do for a specialty yet-- trying to keep an open mind going into rotations and see what he likes. Right now he's just focused on passing Step 1.
    When DH went to Tripler, they put him up in the VOQ I think- and I went to visit him and stayed there for about 5 days. It was ok--

Madigan VOQ is pretty pathetic, or at least it was several years back. DH actually opted to stay in the barracks b/c he only had to pay $10 a day and I wasn't staying with him anyway. I think he was the only officer there. That was great for his ego.

We didn't rotate at San Diego. That was a pretty competetive one to get. DH did rotate at Wilford Hall, and we went to visit him but stayed in a hotel b/c all the kids were with us.

Anyway, when is he doing surgery? And is he doing that at WR or NNMC? If so, and if you're comfortable with that, PM me when he knows his rotations and if he goes thru ENT I'll be sure to tell DH to look out for him!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Hi and Welcome!! My husband is taking step 1 soon!! We are getting ready to move for his clinical rotations. I think it is great how positive you are, it took me a good year to understand what was going on!!! Glad to have you on here
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Welcome! This is a great resource for you, as you can already see!

Step One... *shudder* I feel for you, and good luck to your boyfriend!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!!!
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Hi!

I just found this place today, and I am right there with ya! My BF is about to start his 3rd yr (rotations) on July 1st. We moved to Cape Girardeau, MO together, and are both excited to see what is to come in the future! He is on a HPSP. Hoping to do his residency in San Antonio. Nice to "Meet" you!
              Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

Residency in San Antonio is a good thing!

(at least my husbands was- all in retrospect, of course)

Jenn

Comment

I love Texas, but hope eventually to end up in Pensacola, FL after he's "done his time" for the army. He is from Baton Rouge, LA and it's only 4 hours from there, and I adore the beach (especially Florida!)
                  Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

Hi there! Post often - you will find a lot of support here as your BF takes Step 1, chooses a specialty and finishes med school. And you are in good company, as there are several other military med spouses around.
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Hello!

Fellow military significant other here! I'm an Air Force wife. DH and I married back in MS3, and he's going to be starting PGY2 next week. He went to a civilian school, though, so he only owes the USAF 3 years!

I completely remember what it was like to hardly ever see DH and to deal with the away rotations. Not.fun.at.all, I know! Just hang in there, and this too shall pass. Of course, then there's the crazy hours that residency brings, more away rotations, possible deployments...But one thing at a time, right?

Just hang in there! And good luck to your BF with Step 1!!

Comment

Welcome!!!
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                        X