Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How to join private group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JC76 View Post
    You all seem really, really great though.
    We really are...

Post away!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by JC76 View Post
      I've been skipping around reading posts for the last couple hours. I have to be honest, I already love it (and am wishing to god I'd found it 6 years ago when he started med school and I was working 50+ hours a week myself.) .
      I just found this site last week on DH's first official day as an intern and first night on call --- While I was sitting at home feeling sorry for myself, wondering how I was going to make friends in another new city, and worried about what the future might bring. I was thinking the exact same thing... really could have used this site during the last 4 years through med school!! Better late than never! Feels good to know I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by radwife View Post
        While I was sitting at home feeling sorry for myself, wondering how I was going to make friends in another new city, and worried about what the future might bring

I had this moment just yesterday. I finally just made myself go outside and take a walk. This site is going to help me so much.
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

You'll find there are members who like me, can't imagine getting through a day without this site (even after 9 years!), those who join and never post (that's OK, too!) and those who come and go as their support needs change. Where ever you end up, we're glad you're along for the ride.

Jenn

Comment

Welcome to your new addiction. I have an obscene amount of posts.

Oh yeah, I'm part of a JD/MD couple too, it is not an easy match up.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I don't know how I made it without this site! So much useful information, and no one to tell you to "stop whining because it'll all be worth it in the end". You have no idea how much I hate hearing that. Oh, wait, you do! Whatever you're going through or feeling, even if it seems irrational to non-medical spouses, we understand and have probably been there.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                , and no one to tell you to "stop whining because it'll all be worth it in the end". You have no idea how much I hate hearing that.
                I think that is my mother in law favorite line...
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Yeah, I get that from people at work all the time. I mean, I'm not even whining, either... They ask what my plans are for the evening or weekend, and I mention "I'm doing such-and-such while DH is on call", and then they feel the need to bring up how we'll be rolling in money someday...
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Yep that is another favorite among friends. But the one the really makes me mad, that I can hardly smile and nod through, goes like this:

Friend: So what does your husband do?
                    Me: Oh he is in medical school
                    Friend : Lucky you.

What is that?? I always tell them if i was smart I would have went for a rich man not a loan poor medical student LOL
                    Brandi

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                      I think that is my mother in law favorite line...
                      My MIL's favorite line is "just think of him as your long term investment plan." Her spouse is a doctor too.

Comment

Originally posted by radwife View Post
                        My MIL's favorite line is "just think of him as your long term investment plan." Her spouse is a doctor too.
                        At least that line has some merit to it. LOOOOOONG term - like decades long term...

/end hijack/

Welcome - the women (and men) on this board have been a true lifesaver for us.
                        Kris

Comment

Hi and welcome from another PGY3 EM spouse.
                          You should post in the Introductions section. Your intro is hiding in here, plus you'll be another post down.

Comment

Welcome!! I joined this site about a week ago, and I agree that it feels like forever to reach 50 posts! BUT! I can't wait until I can post privately! My BF knows I am on this site, and he is probably curious what all the hype is! hehe I just need somewhere that I can vent to someone who understands. I can't really vent to him, because it is usually just me wanting to throw myself a pitty party, and he has so much on his plate already (as all of our SO do!) Glad to "meet" you!
                            Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

and Nice to meet you!
                              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

This site is great. I can't tell you how many times I want to roll my eyes when I hear "oh, well you should be able to get through this because in two years you will be rich." OK, well - for the past 6 1/2 years we've been POOR and that doesn't make it any easier to ride through this stuff. YUCK!

Comment

Working...
                                X