Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

In the thick of residency with 2 kids and my own demanding job and DH never home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! Glad you found us!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I am new (again) but I give you huge props for being able to do all you have done. I was laid off right when my youngest was born so I was never a working mom of 2. Being a working mom of just one was tough. If you have extra funds, I would definitely hire out anything you can do - a housekeeper every other week for a few months saved my sanity.

There are also dinner/supper prep places that I tried once and it was delicious. Near me it's called Dinner A'fare but I also have heard of Super Suppers. You go and do the prep work and freeze the meals. All you have to do is take one out in the morning to defrost and usually stick it in the oven when you get home and bam! A great gourmet tasting dinner.

Comment

Hi -- I'm brand new, and my story sounds a bit like yours, ugh! I have an 8-month-old, my hubby is a PGY2 in radiology, and I work about 20 hours per week away from home. I'm always stressed, even though I don't want to admit it.

I hope to keep in contact with all of you. I came onto this site tonight because I had a big time argument with hubby (he thinks I'm micro-managing him; I think I'm asking for a call if he's going to be home late!), and now I don't know where to turn. if this is the right place to vent, I'll do it along with you -- if I can find my way back here.

Comment

Originally posted by allibees View Post
          Hi -- I'm brand new, and my story sounds a bit like yours, ugh! I have an 8-month-old, my hubby is a PGY2 in radiology, and I work about 20 hours per week away from home. I'm always stressed, even though I don't want to admit it.

I hope to keep in contact with all of you. I came onto this site tonight because I had a big time argument with hubby (he thinks I'm micro-managing him; I think I'm asking for a call if he's going to be home late!), and now I don't know where to turn. if this is the right place to vent, I'll do it along with you -- if I can find my way back here.
          Welcome! I encourage you to introduce yourself in the "introductions" forum so that we can all get to meet you. This is a great resource and support group.

Your gonna want to add medicalspouse.com/forums to your FAVORITES on your internet browser!
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Katherine View Post
            He is a PGY-3 in radiology, chief resident and works all the dadgum time. My DH said all of this will go away once he stops working nights. Help!?!?!
            Wow! Another new rads spouse! Awesome!

Chief residency was the hardest rads year (I hated his intern year, though, MUCH more than the chief year).

Will it all go away once he stops working nights? That depends on so many things!!! Glad you found us.

Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Try to keep the light at the end of the tunnel in site. You are 3 years into training, and it will get better when he's done!

Comment

Working...
              X