Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome again!! We have some members in Pennsylvania. I am in NJ, about 30 minutes from Center City Philadelphia. Post often, we look forward to getting to know you. I also have two dogs and two cats.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome - what kind of medical school does classes in MO and rotations in PA? I think now I've heard it all - this field just keeps getting more odd.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome back! When we moved for medical school, we did all our apartment hunting in one day. And when we bought our house when we moved for residency, we looked at houses and signed all the paperwork on the same day. It's do-able, but very hectic! I hope you are able to still make it a nice vacation.

As for uploading pictures, the easiest way I've found is to load them to photobucket, then copy the "Direct Link" hyperlink into the URL box that pops up when you click the "Insert Image" (yellow mountain) button on this site. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your dogs!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Re: I am new...

LOL. Before you know it you will become a pro at forums and if we are lucky, blogging! If you have anymore account problems feel free to email me at krismathms@yahoo.com

Welcome aboard!!!

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Re: I am new...

Double post. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Glad your back!! Moving for clinical rotations suck. We moved from IA to MO for clinicals.
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Welcome to the group!

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                Welcome - what kind of medical school does classes in MO and rotations in PA? I think now I've heard it all - this field just keeps getting more odd.
                Not unheard of, particularly for some of the DO schools that don't have a lot of established local contracts with preceptors for MSIII's and MSIV's. On the upside, there's some flexibilty. Downside, the students end up doing more than average amounts of legwork to set up rotations. themselves.

Comment

Well if its a DO school that would be why I've never heard of it - I know NOTHING about that side of the training.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                    Welcome back! When we moved for medical school, we did all our apartment hunting in one day. And when we bought our house when we moved for residency, we looked at houses and signed all the paperwork on the same day. It's do-able, but very hectic! I hope you are able to still make it a nice vacation.

As for uploading pictures, the easiest way I've found is to load them to photobucket, then copy the "Direct Link" hyperlink into the URL box that pops up when you click the "Insert Image" (yellow mountain) button on this site. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your dogs!
                    Thank you! I am going to try this!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                      Well if its a DO school that would be why I've never heard of it - I know NOTHING about that side of the training.
                      If there is anything you would like to know just send me a message, I would love to share some info!

Comment

Originally posted by thegirlnextdoor View Post
                        If there is anything you would like to know just send me a message, I would love to share some info!

Is your DH a DO? You'll find a few of us kicking around here, too.

Comment

Here's another DO spouse and it makes me wonder if I may know you IRL from talking about PA?!? I will send you a personal message!!

Comment

Hi. Another DO spouse here. Welcome.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                            X