Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!! Don't worry, you will make it to 50 posts before you know it!!!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Welcome! I'm originally from Annapolis and went to middle/high school in Baltimore. I'm sure it's a big change but I hope people have been welcoming?
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Yes, everyone has been very nice- it hasn't been as hard an adjustment as I thought it would be. Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Hello and welcome!
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome! You'll reach the post limits without a problem, plus there are plenty of threads in Grand Rounds to explore in the meantime.
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome! Another Marylander here (the state sport is jousting if you're ever asked. I'm not kidding). I grew up in Gaithersburg, near DC and went to college in Westminster which is west of Balto. Most of my family is based in the area so I get back pretty often. We'll have to have a meet-up - we have a few members in Maryland.

and trust, as I'm approaching some stupiid number like 17k posts, it will happen!

Jenn

Comment

Welcome!!! DH is a 3rd yr almost 4th yr. It really does go by fast. You study climate... that is so interesting. I have a BS in meteorology.
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I'm glad I've learned an important tidbit about the state- good to know! I'd love to have a meet-up sometime.

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                  Welcome! Another Marylander here (the state sport is jousting if you're ever asked. I'm not kidding). I grew up in Gaithersburg, near DC and went to college in Westminster which is west of Balto. Most of my family is based in the area so I get back pretty often. We'll have to have a meet-up - we have a few members in Maryland.

and trust, as I'm approaching some stupiid number like 17k posts, it will happen!

Jenn

Comment

Really? That's awesome! Do you work in the field?

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                    Welcome!!! DH is a 3rd yr almost 4th yr. It really does go by fast. You study climate... that is so interesting. I have a BS in meteorology.

Comment

Welcome to the site. You'll find a great, supportive community here. Also - enjoy Baltimore. I lived there for several years through grad school and after (left in 2002, I think?) and every time I go back I'm amazed at how the city just keeps getting better and better. So much character. I live in Philly now, which I also love, but there's just something about being on the water there, close to Annapolis, close to D.C. You guys have a long road ahead of you, but it goes by faster than you'd realize. Good luck!
                      Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Originally posted by dramy View Post
                        Thanks everyone! I'm study climate. My husband is currently in med school- about 6 or 7 weeks I think until the end of first year.
                        That is fascinating. Like BOKelly, I love weather!
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Hi there! I just got around to checking in here, but I wanted to say hi because I went the opposite direction last year - lived in DC, moved to Colorado. Hope the east is treating you well!
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

We have hopes of returning to Colorado at some point- it's hard to say what will happen though! Hope you're liking Colorado? It's my favorite place on earth (I'm biased though, having been born and raised there).

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                            Hi there! I just got around to checking in here, but I wanted to say hi because I went the opposite direction last year - lived in DC, moved to Colorado. Hope the east is treating you well!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post

Jenn
                              Wasn't there some movement a few years back to change the state sport to lacrosse? I thought that went through but I could be wrong.

Anyway, Dramy, I definitely recommend a day trip to Annapolis if you haven't gone. I have lots of places to recommend if you want but it's gorgeous in summer just to walk around and enjoy the sites. We used to go in by boat every Saturday for breakfast with my dad at this little place on Main St (which is a MOB SCENE because it's so popular but I love it!). And Orioles tickets should be cheapo because they're awful. And the Ravens are AWESOME and we might play Denver this year...you should check!

Science center and the Aquarium (how do you spell that?) are the national museums (I don't know why they didn't build them in DC...) and they have free nights a couple times a month. Definitely worth going and playing. I remember the first time I went to the Aquarium in Boston, it was SO tiny in comparison.

And the Renaissance Fair in the summer is a SIGHT to behold - people are nutso!

Also, B&Bs on the Eastern Shore are inexpensive for cute getaways and going to the beach in the summer is pretty easy (it's only 2-3 hours from Baltimore and less if you go at off hours to avoid traffic).

Can you tell I LOVE it there and miss it while stuck in the Mistake by the Lake? (That'd be Cleveland) Ok, I know Cleveland's not that bad but it's not Annapolis.
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                                Also, B&Bs on the Eastern Shore are inexpensive for cute getaways.
                                Please tell me more about this!
                                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X