Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
    Please tell me more about this!
    Obviously the rates are seasonal but you can get unbelievable deals in May or September/October around B&Bs in Cambridge, MD or Easton or St. Michaels (which is literally the cutest town ever). Pick a little waterfront town and go! St. Michaels is the best but probably a little expensive. I bet you could find one in the next town over though and still enjoy what they have to offer on a budget by driving into St. Michael's for the day.

Go watch the sailboats, visit the little shops and beaches, and eat crabs! Any local should be able to teach you how pretty quickly! And most of these towns have little historical museums. St. Michael's has the most divine jewelry shop too - I mean I can only look but I love seeing unusual pieces that you can't get anywhere else! Plus most of them have fun summer attractions like parades and festivals.

Love it - oh this is making me miss it!
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the recommendations! We're definitely going to go to an Orioles game (even if they aren't doing so well) because we live just about a 15 minute walk away. And I'll have to check out Annapolis- we haven't been there yet. Thanks!

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
      Wasn't there some movement a few years back to change the state sport to lacrosse? I thought that went through but I could be wrong.

Anyway, Dramy, I definitely recommend a day trip to Annapolis if you haven't gone. I have lots of places to recommend if you want but it's gorgeous in summer just to walk around and enjoy the sites. We used to go in by boat every Saturday for breakfast with my dad at this little place on Main St (which is a MOB SCENE because it's so popular but I love it!). And Orioles tickets should be cheapo because they're awful. And the Ravens are AWESOME and we might play Denver this year...you should check!

Science center and the Aquarium (how do you spell that?) are the national museums (I don't know why they didn't build them in DC...) and they have free nights a couple times a month. Definitely worth going and playing. I remember the first time I went to the Aquarium in Boston, it was SO tiny in comparison.

And the Renaissance Fair in the summer is a SIGHT to behold - people are nutso!

Also, B&Bs on the Eastern Shore are inexpensive for cute getaways and going to the beach in the summer is pretty easy (it's only 2-3 hours from Baltimore and less if you go at off hours to avoid traffic).

Can you tell I LOVE it there and miss it while stuck in the Mistake by the Lake? (That'd be Cleveland) Ok, I know Cleveland's not that bad but it's not Annapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by dramy View Post
        Really? That's awesome! Do you work in the field?
        Nope. Had a few job opportunities, but we ended up moving for his 3rd yr clinical rotations. I thought about grad school, but I needed a break for a little bit. I wish I could make a living off storm chasing LOL
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dramy View Post
          We have hopes of returning to Colorado at some point- it's hard to say what will happen though! Hope you're liking Colorado? It's my favorite place on earth (I'm biased though, having been born and raised there).
          We're really happy with it so far. My husband and I both grew up in Reno, and we like that the climate is similar while the big city life is much better. I love the sky here - that may be my favorite part of Colorado.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

There is an aquarium in DC- in the basement of the Treasury building. Yes, totally random. However, it's the kind of place you go with a two year old on a rainy day in DC. The Balto Aquarium is a day trip in and of itself. If you're a beer fan, Flying Dog's East Coast brewery is in Frederick (my friend from 6th grade is the QA manager) and Dogfishhead's brewery is in Milton, DE (on the way to Rehobeth and the other Delaware beaches) and the main store/restaurant is at Rehobeth Beach, about a block off the water.

J.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! We've been to the Baltimore aquarium- it was great!

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
              There is an aquarium in DC- in the basement of the Treasury building. Yes, totally random. However, it's the kind of place you go with a two year old on a rainy day in DC. The Balto Aquarium is a day trip in and of itself. If you're a beer fan, Flying Dog's East Coast brewery is in Frederick (my friend from 6th grade is the QA manager) and Dogfishhead's brewery is in Milton, DE (on the way to Rehobeth and the other Delaware beaches) and the main store/restaurant is at Rehobeth Beach, about a block off the water.

J.

Comment

Working...
              X