Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I used to be cool...now I'm searching Craigslist posts for friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!! The bike story is great!!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Welcome! Thanks for the smiles today. With your sense of humor, I'm sure you'll be making new friend in no time! In the mean time, post here often!

Comment

Welcome!
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi from another peds spouse with fellowship (and possibly a chief year) in the future! I am becoming increasingly convinced that all men in pediatrics want to go into either cards, EM, or PICU (mine is PICU).

I love southern California, and I hope it treats you well once you get settled.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Welcome! Half a ped spouse here. I reallly think that you will fit right in here!!! I love your story hate the fact that you are by yourself. Post often - I bet it will become addictive. I can spend hours with my IMSN friends. .

ETA - DH (cycling freak) thinks the tandem is a cool gift. He added that your DH should have time on some of the rotations and it will be something to both enjoy.
            Last edited by medpedspouse; 08-09-2010, 01:54 PM.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Love the tandem bike story!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Hello

Another peds spouse here, but there is no fellowship for us, just potentially a chief year. Stick around and post often!

Hang in there on the friend front! I agree with everyone else - your sense of humor will make it very easy for you to meet new people.
                Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Sersly lovin' the title to your post. And your tandum bike story. You're going to fit in just fine here. Welcome
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Welcome!!!!
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Thanks so much for your welcome messages, everyone! I feel much better knowing there are other people who "get it!"

I feel awful acting like such an ingrate about a gift, but every time I look at it, I just think...REALLY!? Haha. Love that there are others who agree with me. I'm thinking about exchanging it for a beach cruiser - I'm sure DH would not notice. I don't think he's aware that there's a giant, heavy box partially blocking our sliding door on the back porch!? Haha.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                        Sersly lovin' the title to your post. And your tandum bike story. You're going to fit in just fine here. Welcome
                        This.

Comment

Welcome! I know it's tough dealing with so many big changes at once. You've got a lot on your plate, and it's hard to be in a new place not knowing many people and without a job, especially when your spouse works all the time! I've been in that situation, too. We moved to our current city not knowing anyone, when we moved here for DH's first attending job. It took me months to find a job, and it was tough trying to find my way around a brand new city, look for work, get used to a new place without DH being home much, and also trying not to get too lonely since we didn't know anyone and had no family in the area.

It's a great idea--answering Craig's List ads for friends--you're trying to meet other folks who are also looking to make new friends--at least when you answer those ads you know the other person is in a similar place friends-wise, which isn't always the case when you join various social groups. Also consider trying meetup.com groups. I have joined those as well and met some nice people. Just going to some events and getting to know your new area via meetup.com groups might help.

Hope things get better soon!

Comment

Welcome!
                            Needs

Comment

Haha! I laughed when I read your title because I was doing the same thing this week. Sad, I know. I just moved to California (Pasadena) as well so that my spouse of 1 year could go to medical school.

Comment

Originally posted by JDspouse View Post
                                Haha! I laughed when I read your title because I was doing the same thing this week. Sad, I know. I just moved to California (Pasadena) as well so that my spouse of 1 year could go to medical school.
                                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X